Bringing a Ukr girl to UK?

Old Jun 8th 2016, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

massivepecs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing a Ukr girl to UK?

Hey all

Im a British/Polish dual citizen. Whilst overseas in Poland, I have met an amazing woman. She also happens to be from Ukraine, and is a student studying in Poland. My trip has come to an end, but we dont want the relationship to end, and I want to bring her to the UK.

Heres the problem: I have only known her for a month.

I am actually crazy enough to marry this chick after a month, but I think they would laugh our hypothetical spouse visa application out of the office.

What are my options here? Is getting married and bringing her over via a spouse visa the best way? I want to get her over as soon as practical so that she can live with me, work and study.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing a Ukr girl to UK?

Both your options of either fiance or marriage (spouse) visa are risky.

Having only known her a month looks like marriage of convenience - proving the relationship part of the application will be difficult.

Why the rush? You should be spending more time together to get to know one another.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Both your options of either fiance or marriage (spouse) visa are risky.

Having only known her a month looks like marriage of convenience - proving the relationship part of the application will be difficult.

Why the rush? You should be spending more time together to get to know one another.
I see. Im not too keen on the idea of spending money on flights on a monthly basis and having a long distance relationship so that we can continue to see each other, so im just weighing all my options here.

Do they require the same amount of proof for a spouse visa as they do for the 2 year partner visa, or is it more relaxed? What would be the minimum amount of time I would need to prove that ive been dating this girl?
Old Jun 8th 2016, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by massivepecs
I see. Im not too keen on the idea of spending money on flights on a monthly basis and having a long distance relationship so that we can continue to see each other, so im just weighing all my options here.

Do they require the same amount of proof for a spouse visa as they do for the 2 year partner visa, or is it more relaxed? What would be the minimum amount of time I would need to prove that ive been dating this girl?
You need to actually cohabit for the partner visa, not just date.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 10:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You have two options. Move back to Poland to be with your girlfriend or marry her and bring her to the UK on a spouse visa, providing you meet the financial requirements.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You have two options. Move back to Poland to be with your girlfriend or marry her and bring her to the UK on a spouse visa, providing you meet the financial requirements.
.... except that he has only known her for a month...... so certainly does not have any proof of genuine, stable, lasting relationship !

With this lack of relationship history, getting the spouse history is certainly not guaranteed.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 9:24 am
Just Joined

.... except that he has only known her for a month...... so certainly does not have any proof of genuine, stable, lasting relationship !

With this lack of relationship history, getting the spouse history is certainly not guaranteed.
And this is what I would like to establish;
how long do I need to provide proof of a relationship for before they will take the spouse visa application seriously? 6 months?

We wont really have a chance to live together unless she moves to the UK, so even the partner visa (which I understand you need to live together for prior to application to qualify) wont suffice. It seems its marriage or bust.

Fiance visa sucks because she cant work or study during that time
Old Jun 9th 2016, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

I had only spent 2 and a half weeks physically with my DH when we applied for his Fiance visa. We got married asap and applied to convert to Spouse visa (FLR). You can marry as quickly as you wish and once you've got the FLR she can work. You don't have to wait until near the end of the 6 months. Not sure if you can still do the one day application in person or not, but that's what DH did, got the FLR same day in Croydon (there's a couple of other offices in the UK too. As I said not sure if this is still possible or if all applications go by post to Sheffield).
Old Jun 9th 2016, 9:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Neither do the thousands of arranged marriages that British citizens undergo. There's no minimum period that you need to be married, only that the marriage is not contrived.