Brain Scrambled ... please help !!

Old Mar 7th 2017, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

calvingeorge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brain Scrambled ... please help !!

Hi Everyone,

Im been sat on the sidlines watching for a while now and finally have mustered up the courage to ask my question as I think im in a Unique scenario.

The short version :

1) My Wife is English
2) My Daughter is English
3) I Immigrated on a spouse visa end of 2015 ( Visa due for renewal April 2018)

4) I have my own LTd Company and I am the only director of it . Its a Property business and do not pay myself a wage or dividends as I need this money for the various properties. None of it is on mortgage so issues there. The company makes about £16,000 per year as rental income from the properties. I can prove these with Tenancy agreements etc .

5) I also am a sports coach and make about £8k -£9k there.

6) My Wife Works Part Time and makes around 10K.

My Questions :

Do I need to pay myself a wage for it to be counted as income even if im the only director of the company?

Can I Add up my wifes Income and my own to get to the requirement ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Mar 7th 2017, 8:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brain Scrambled ... please help !!

Originally Posted by calvingeorge
Hi Everyone,

Im been sat on the sidlines watching for a while now and finally have mustered up the courage to ask my question as I think im in a Unique scenario.

The short version :

1) My Wife is English

4) I have my own LTd Company and I am the only director of it . Its a Property business and do not pay myself a wage or dividends as I need this money for the various properties. None of it is on mortgage so issues there. The company makes about £16,000 per year as rental income from the properties. I can prove these with Tenancy agreements etc .

My Questions :

Do I need to pay myself a wage for it to be counted as income even if im the only director of the company?

Welcome to BE.

Is this is the FLR you are wanting then Yes, you can use both of you salaries. not sure about the other thing but BiP should be along shortly with the best advice.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

calvingeorge is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much , Yes its for my FLR . Just need some clarity .Super appreciative. Thanks again. Hopefully BiPwill help me with my LTD company thing
Old Mar 7th 2017, 11:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calvingeorge
Hi Everyone,

The short version :

1) My Wife is English

My Questions :

Hi and welcome to BE...glad you got the courage up to ask! Have you read the following Home Office document regarding the financial requirements? I know it takes a bit of wading through, but I think all your questions re your LTD company, sole trader and sole director are answered there https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you can meet the £18,600 threshold through your and your wife's salaried income then I would stick to that and forget about your other income. Make life easier with the paperwork.