Biometrics. Plz help.

Old Nov 17th 2015, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Baron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics. Plz help.

Hi to all.
I received my biometrics enrolment letter today. As outlined in the letter I went to vfsglobal.co.uk created my account, paid the £10.00 fee to book appointment for tomorrow. Fee transaction was successful but when it come to printing receipt I keep getting message "there is no record for given reference number". According to the website I have to show this receipt. Also there is no way I can prove that I have an appointment for tomorrow. Would really like some help on this.
Thanks.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics. Plz help.

Hi Baron,

I'm sorry I can't help with your question and from the looks of it no-one else could either.

How did things go? Did you go to the appointment anyway? Are you applying for UK Citizenship? Which country are you applying from?

I am in the US and have applied for UK citizenship for my children. I am waiting on the letter so I can book their biometric appointments.

I don't know anyone else who has applied from outside the UK since the biometric requirement began and I'm wondering how much time there is to make an appointment once the letter arrives. I believe the appointment has to be made within 15 days of the date of the letter but I am not sure if they allow extra days when the applicant is outside the UK?
Old Nov 18th 2015, 7:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NiHao
Hi Baron,

I'm sorry I can't help with your question and from the looks of it no-one else could either.

How did things go? Did you go to the appointment anyway? Are you applying for UK Citizenship? Which country are you applying from?

I am in the US and have applied for UK citizenship for my children. I am waiting on the letter so I can book their biometric appointments.

I don't know anyone else who has applied from outside the UK since the biometric requirement began and I'm wondering how much time there is to make an appointment once the letter arrives. I believe the appointment has to be made within 15 days of the date of the letter but I am not sure if they allow extra days when the applicant is outside the UK?
The different biometric processes seem to be country specific NiHao - I'm one of the people who read the OP's post but couldn't help. When you apply online from Australia, the application process includes a link to make your biometric appointment online, and I got mine in 6 days. Best of luck to you with your application for your childrens' citizenship.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Baron,

Hi NiHao.
Yes I got my appointment and it went well. Yes I'm applying for UK citizenship form UKM and applying from Barbados.
My letter stated that biometrics must be done in 30 working days from date of letter.
Reading from other forums I understand that biometrics enrolment for USA should have commenced from end of October but they where facing challenges and now it's been put back until January 2016.
Hope that helps.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse of Scouse,

Thanks so much for your reply. With Citizenship you can't make a biometric appointment until you have received a letter of enrollment. Once that is received then the appointment is made online.

Thanks for the good wishes, the process just to get to the point of applying has been horrible.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Baron,

So glad you got your appointment okay and it went well! I big relief I am sure.

Thank you so much for the information about the 30 days.

I had no idea that the biometrics in the US has been put back again. It was supposed to be rolled out in the US by 31 May, 2015. I just assumed it was up and running by now. It is all so discouraging

Thank you again I really appreciate the information.

Good luck with the rest of your application, hope your citizenship comes through really quickly now
Old Nov 19th 2015, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Baron,

So glad you got your appointment okay and it went well! I big relief I am sure.

Thank you so much for the information about the 30 days.

I had no idea that the biometrics in the US has been put back again. It was supposed to be rolled out in the US by 31 May, 2015. I just assumed it was up and running by now. It is all so discouraging

Thank you again I really appreciate the information.

Good luck with the rest of your application, hope your citizenship comes through really quickly now
Hi NiHao.
Thanks, appreciate it. Now it's the waiting game.