B1 English test for flrm

Old Nov 12th 2022, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Correction123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1 English test for flrm

Hi everyoneI wanted to ask i used my B1 IELTS certificate when i first time came to UK now I'm going to apply my flrm can i use my same B1 IELTS certificate to apply flrm or i have to pass it again? Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2022, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

theoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1 English test for flrm

You only need to pass the test once, so if the test was passed at B1 for the initial application the pass is still valid the FLR & ILF stages, providing the test result hasn't been withdrawn by the test provider..

Last edited by theoldgit; Nov 14th 2022 at 12:44 am.
Old Nov 13th 2022, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by theoldgit
You only need to pass the test once, so if the test was passed at B1 for the initial application the pass is still valid the FLR stage.
Is it 100% confirmed? Because someone keeps saying to me you have to pass it again for your Flrm extension
I need confirmation please thanks
Old Nov 14th 2022, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

theoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Correction123
Is it 100% confirmed? Because someone keeps saying to me you have to pass it again for your Flrm extension
I need confirmation please thanks
Yes, that's why I offered the advice, maybe the UKVI take the view that when an applicant demonstrates their level of English prior to their initial application, they probably will not "unlearn" it after spending 30 months in the UK.

I will look up the relevant staff guidlines to put your mind at rest, maybe the person who has advised otherwise could do the same.

I'm assuming you are seeking FLR for a Family (Settlement) Visa then only the A2 Pass is required, many applicants who are confident of reaching the B1 standard take the B1 test prior to the initial application so they don't need to do so again at the ILR stage after five years.

Last edited by theoldgit; Nov 14th 2022 at 12:42 am.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Applying to extend your visa after 2.5 years

You may have to pass a higher CEFR level if you want to stay in the UK after 2.5 years. What you need to do depends on what CEFR level you passed for your first visa.

If you passed:
  • level A1, you’ll need to pass at least level A2 in speaking and listening
  • level A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2, you can use the test result again for your application as long as your test certificate has not been withdrawn by the test provider
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=theoldgit;13154438]

You may have to pass a higher CEFR level if you want to stay in the UK after 2.5 years. What you need to do depends on what CEFR level you passed for your first visa.

If you passed:
  • level A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2, you can use the test result again for your application as long as your test certificate has not been withdrawn by the
Thank you very much
But i asked 2 lawyers and they are saying you have to pass it again even if you used it for your spouse visa application and it was successful and you came to UK after that.
that's why I'm a bit confused
Don't know should i take risk or have to pass it again?
Old Nov 15th 2022, 5:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Read the relevant sections of this UK government link, in particular, page 7 point 2.4

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ember_2014.pdf
Old Nov 15th 2022, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=spouse of scouse;13154805]Read the relevant sections of this UK government link, in particular, page 7 point 2.4

Thank you for sharing the link with me. It says I can reuse my expired IELTS used for earlier successful visa application as long as it hasn't been withdrawn by the provider. I checked the provider website and my provider is still on the list, but I am not sure how to check whether my result has been withdrawn or not. If you have any information in this regard please tell me.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Correction123;13154787]
Originally Posted by theoldgit

If you passed:
  • level A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2, you can use the test result again for your application as long as your test certificate has not been withdrawn by the
Thank you very much
But i asked 2 lawyers and they are saying you have to pass it again even if you used it for your spouse visa application and it was successful and you came to UK after that.
that's why I'm a bit confused
Don't know should i take risk or have to pass it again?
The lawyers you've spoken to have given you incorrect advice, the advice you've been give by spouse of scouse and myself is accurate, and we've both supplied the relevent UKVI Guidlines and Operational Instructions.
If you want to check yet further I would suggest that you pay for advice from a OISC registered Immigration Advisor, solicitors don't have to register with the OISC, or pass the exams on Immigration rules, when offering Immigration advice, and some give incorrect advice.
Were the lawyers you consulted Immigration Lawyers, or high street lawyers?
With respect, if you ask the same question from multiple sources you might well get conflicting answers.