Arriving in the UK

Old Jan 27th 2016, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

FloydPalmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arriving in the UK

My wife has had her spousal visa accepted and she'll be coming from Pakistan.

What exactly happens when she appears at the UK airport? I've been told, from a friend whose wife came to the UK approximately two years ago, that his wife was subject to a grilling interview with questions asked about her husband's job, address etc. Will I be able to be present to support her as I intend to go to pick her up?
Old Jan 27th 2016, 9:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arriving in the UK

Originally Posted by FloydPalmer
My wife has had her spousal visa accepted and she'll be coming from Pakistan.

What exactly happens when she appears at the UK airport? I've been told, from a friend whose wife came to the UK approximately two years ago, that his wife was subject to a grilling interview with questions asked about her husband's job, address etc. Will I be able to be present to support her as I intend to go to pick her up?
Depends on the individual and what the immigration officer wishes to ask. A visa does not guarantee entry to the UK. Unless you're travelling with your wife then you won't be able to be with at the border although if you're in the airport ithen immigration can call you in for an interview if they need it. However If your wife has a valid spouse visa and is able to answer the IO's questions to his or her satisfaction it's unlikely that will be necessary.