Applying for first British passport

Old Aug 7th 2017, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

figthefox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for first British passport

I'm going to be back in the UK for three weeks in September. I need to get my youngest his first British passport. Previously for my other kids I've applied from the US, the process wasn't too bad but I'm wondering if it saves any time to do it while we're on holiday in the UK? The child in question was born in the US. Is it possible to take all my supporting documents to the UK and complete an online application while I'm there? Since we're only in the UK for three weeks I'd probably ask for the passport to be sent to my parents and then they can send it onto me in the US.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for first British passport

You could do but there's little point anymore - the savings in both time and money are minimal particularly if your parents will need to send it on to you in the US. If you apply from the US now then your youngest is likely to receive their passport before you travel.