Appendix 2 filling question

Old Jun 16th 2018, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

shaam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Appendix 2 filling question

Hi guys

i was filling the appendix 2 and the meeting financial requirement part has me confused, i hope someone can guide me.

If my sponsor has been working for the same employer for 6 months prior to the visa application and earned 17K pa + use 20K to meet the financial requirement then how do i go about this section ? Does she come under Category A or B?

I'd be super grateful for your help!
Old Jun 16th 2018, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appendix 2 filling question

Cat A.

You also tick Cash savings Cat D
Old Jun 16th 2018, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

This way?
Old Jun 16th 2018, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Cat A.

You also tick Cash savings Cat D
Should i write a cover letter explaining how i met the financial requirement? eg, explain i combine salary + saving
Old Jun 16th 2018, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ....
Old Jun 16th 2018, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shaam
Should i write a cover letter explaining how i met the financial requirement? eg, explain i combine salary + saving
If it needs explanation then do so. However, the income and savings should be self explanatory from payslips, bank statements etc
Old Jun 16th 2018, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you SanDieogirl !!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2018, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

What do i state as my annual income if my pay varies according to Overtime and bonus etc ?
Old Jun 20th 2018, 1:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What do i state as my annual income if my pay varies according to Overtime and bonus etc ?
If your pay varies enough to make a difference then you should be using Category B. Otherwise you should just state your contracted annual salary.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If your pay varies enough to make a difference then you should be using Category B. Otherwise you should just state your contracted annual salary.
6 months Salary is 8,500 which includes some overtime and bonus, do i just multiply that by 2 to get the estimated annual income or they need the basic salary figure which is shown on contract ?
Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

6 months Salary is 8,500 which includes some overtime and bonus, do i just multiply that by 2 to get the estimated annual income or they need the basic salary figure which is shown on contract ?
What’s your annual salary as shown on your contract? How much cash savings do you have?
Old Jun 20th 2018, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

rushie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you used this document to guide you? Click here - It's a necessary evil!
Page 47 and on provide the information regarding cash savings, I found the examples in section 7.2 the most helpful.
Some tips:
  1. You must be able to prove that you have held the qualifying savings for at least 6 months in your bank account.
  2. Change the currency of your savings to GBP using oanda.com.
  3. Determine if you are applying for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain.
    1. If leave to remain, the amount of savings that qualify and can be used to meet the financial requirement= (cash amount - 16000) divided by 2.5. Example, if you have 20000 GBP cash in savings, the amount you could use= (20000-16000) divided by 2.5= 4000 divided by 2.5= 1600 GBP
    2. If indefinite leave to remain, it's the same as the above but without the dividing by 2.5 bit. Example, 20000-16000=4000 GBP, so you could use 4000 to help you qualify.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What’s your annual salary as shown on your contract? How much cash savings do you have?
Annual salary on contract 15K + we have 22K saving.

So far during the last 6 months, total salary earned is 8.5K which makes the annual 17k i assume?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not necessarily. If you have a salaried basic and also overtime and bonuses paid as and when, and you are applying under Cat A, there are two stages to work out your annual salary.

First you take the lowest monthly salaried figure and x by 12.

Then you take your various overtime and bonus payments for the 6 months, add them all up, divide by 6 to get the AVERAGE figure and then x by 12 to get the annual equivalent.

Add the salaried figure for 12 months to the average annual figure, and if they add up to 18,600 GBP or above you can qualify.

e.g basic salaried is 1300 per month x 12 = 15,600 Overtime for 6 months is 300, 400, 200, 100, 300,400 per month = 1,700 divided by 6 = 283.33 to get the average. Multiply by 12 to get the annual equivalent = 339.99.

Add 15,600 and 339.99 = 18,999.99 GBP per annum.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Not necessarily. If you have a salaried basic and also overtime and bonuses paid as and when, and you are applying under Cat A, there are two stages to work out your annual salary.

First you take the lowest monthly salaried figure and x by 12.

Then you take your various overtime and bonus payments for the 6 months, add them all up, divide by 6 to get the AVERAGE figure and then x by 12 to get the annual equivalent.

Add the salaried figure for 12 months to the average annual figure, and if they add up to 18,600 GBP or above you can qualify.

e.g basic salaried is 1300 per month x 12 = 15,600 Overtime for 6 months is 300, 400, 200, 100, 300,400 per month = 1,700 divided by 6 = 283.33 to get the average. Multiply by 12 to get the annual equivalent = 339.99.

Add 15,600 and 339.99 = 18,999.99 GBP per annum.

Thanks a lot for this, i was calculating it completely different!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.