Anxiously waiting for UK spouse visa decision

Old Sep 12th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

tng1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anxiously waiting for UK spouse visa decision

My husband and I are anxiously waiting for his UK spouse visa decision. All going well we hope to return late November. Was just wondering if anyone else has been been through this process. We are super excited about returning, but cant prepare until we know its a yes.

Lots of positive vibes welcome . Ill keep everyone updated on our decision. If its a yes, you'll prob hear us screaming with joy from here, .
Old Sep 12th 2011, 6:25 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anxiously waiting for UK spouse visa decision

Where are you?

Good luck waiting for the decision.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the luck.

We live in Barbados. We were in a long distance ralationship for 2 years and now I have been living here for 3 years and we have been married for a year. So we have decided we would love to move to the UK, where I am from originally (London to be exact).

Just submitted what felt like our life story to the British High Commission and hoping for a positive decision.

Are you back in the UK?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 7:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

No California, waiting to move. No visas need we are all dual. Thats one cost we don't have.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting ready to apply for my spousal visa this week. My biometrics appt is tomorrow. I'm applying from within the US. I too understand the anxiety. We've been married for over 7 years, and I worry about how well we've documented our relationship. I worry that they won't approve my visa, and we'll be separated since my OH is already in the UK.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

I know its a big worry and from Barbados we cant do priority service. My husband had his biometrics done on 30th Aug and documents were sent that day. So patiently waiting. We are concerned about the finance part since we would both leave our jobs in Barbados to move, but have some funds to support ourselfs and lots of people willing to help. All documented in the application.

Good luck Bluegrass Lass. Im sure you'll be fine. Seven years is a long time and Im sure it shows in the documents. We sent photos, cards, letters, flight itinaries, prob sent too much, lol.

We are just hopeful that they take into consideration CV's, print off from jobs available, applications i have made for jobs and responses, budget plan. Im pretty sure we done all we could do but just want the answer, so we can get super excited and sell stuff and pack.

Ill keep you update and let me know how u get on. I am sure you are eager to get to your partner.

All the best.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:19 pm
Irish Green

nirish83 will become famous soon enough

We just applied for a settlement visa for my husband (US Citizen) to move back to the UK next month. After applying online, he went for his biometrics appointment a week after. A week after that we got all the supporting documents together and mailed off to NY. And I think it was exactly 2 weeks after we sent the paperwork off, his visa was sent by overnight delivery...I was impressed how quick it was.
I got a couple of email updates to inform me that his application was received and that it was approved.
Good luck
Old Sep 19th 2011, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I received an email saying my visa was approved this past Friday. It was less than 1 working day after the NY Consulate received it. I should be getting the visa in the mail tomorrow, and bar any mistakes on the visa, I should be rejoining my OH in Scotland in about 3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone waiting!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond reputeJack1 has a reputation beyond repute

This is something I will have to do for my wife soon (she is Canadian). I understand being anxious but I also wonder whether legitimate people who have been married for several years should be? Is there anyone who has been denied? UK law allows British citizens to bring their spouses to the UK so if I were to be denied would it not be some sort of a mistake?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Congratulations.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

potcake is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going through the same thing, my OH he is Canadian. I only got my PR last year but since then dads health and mums stress levels have taken a turn for the worse so we are heading back. I am hopeing since we have almost duplicated my Canada visa, plus added new stuff we will be okay but it is still a worry. We are sending our stuff off the end of next week.
Good luck to all!!!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jack1
This is something I will have to do for my wife soon (she is Canadian). I understand being anxious but I also wonder whether legitimate people who have been married for several years should be? Is there anyone who has been denied? UK law allows British citizens to bring their spouses to the UK so if I were to be denied would it not be some sort of a mistake?
Denials seem to be primarily due to insufficient maintenance, inadequate accommodation or lack of proper documentation. I've not come across any (from the US or Canada anyways) that were because an Entry Clearance Officer thought the relationship wasn't legitimate.