ancestry visa and wife british by desent

Old Jun 19th 2022, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

RustyRichy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ancestry visa and wife british by desent

Hello,
I wanted to check if you guys could help me with this query, We thinking of moving to the UK, I will be on a Ancestry visa and our children will be dependants on my visa, My wife is british by desent as her father was born in the UK. Would my wife be able to claim benifits as she is british by desent ? The reason I am asking is we have a 1 yearold and 4 year old which we not be able to attend school yet and the child care prices are very high in uk, So for the time being she will be at home with the children and we are just wondering if she would be able to get benifits even if it is just for her self, until our children can go to school ?

If so how much would she get ?
Old Jun 19th 2022, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ancestry visa and wife british by desent

You've already asked this question and been told that if your wife is a Brit then she can claim child benefits. (Has she a UK passport?)

Google UK child benefits to see how much she can claim
Old Jun 19th 2022, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

RustyRichy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes she has appiled for it already, We dont want to apply for child benifits as they will be dependants on my ancestry visa as it does state that they have no access to public funds, So this query is just for her self and if that will be possible.
Old Jun 19th 2022, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RustyRichy
Yes she has appiled for it already, We dont want to apply for child benifits as they will be dependants on my ancestry visa as it does state that they have no access to public funds, So this query is just for her self and if that will be possible.

SHE can apply for benefits for herself..... whether or not she will be eligible is dependent on her circumstances. Presumably you will be working so your income will be taken into account. She is not going to get benefits automatically just because she is at home looking after the kids.
Old Jun 19th 2022, 7:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add to the above, for most benefits she has to be 'habitually resident' to claim them, so won't be able to get anything immediately. So make sure you factor that in and have enough to tide you over for that time, even if you do think she may get some benefits after a while.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 6:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RustyRichy
.....The reason I am asking is we have a 1 year old and 4 year old which we not be able to attend school yet and the child care prices are very high in uk........
Not sure when you are planning on moving, but your 4 year old can start school in September - https://www.gov.uk/schools-admission...ptember%202022.