Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Am I eligible for the Premium Passport Service in the UK?

Am I eligible for the Premium Passport Service in the UK?

Old Jul 24th 2014, 3:37 am
Just Joined

pugs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I eligible for the Premium Passport Service in the UK?

Hi everyone - I'm looking for some advice about renewing an old, red, 5 year childs passport that expired in June 2000. I have been living in Canada for the past 18 years and will be moving to Spain in September. I would like to use my UK passport to avoid having to get a visa for my Canadian one. Due to the current backlog and my approaching travel date, I was hoping to use the premium one day service while I am in London in September. However, I am receiving conflicting information about whether I am eligible from the passport office.

I am trying to clarifying if this would be considered a "first adult passport" due to the fact I have only had a childs passport before. If it is, I wouldn't not be eligible for the premium service.

I am also trying to determine whether it being expired for 14 years will pose a problem or not. I haven't found anything indicating it would on the official government website, but I am finding information on other websites saying that I have to apply for a whole new passport (not renewal) if it has been expired for more than 10 years.

I am trying to avoid getting to the UK and being told that I can't renew my passport! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 24th 2014, 6:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I eligible for the Premium Passport Service in the UK?

Given the length of time that has passed I would think it unlikely you would be able to use the one day service as you would normally be treated as a first time adult applicant. Ring the Passport Adviceline for the definitive answer.