Almost no communication with our process

Old Apr 18th 2018, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Almost no communication with our process

Hello,

Applied priority from Rio, Brazil, on 10th Feb, Bio 23rd Feb. Everything scanned in the VFS center, nothing physical sent to Sheffield.

Email from Home Office saying it's been passed on to an ECO on 19th March.

Last Tuesday, 10th April, marked 30 working days. So I decided to call to see what's up. As far as I was concerned it was a straight forward application. Financial route A, no kids, married etc.

Called Immi and they say a decision has been made, but she can't tell me which way (obviously), and she can't tell me when it was made as her system refreshes every day. LOL. Great technology you've got there.

So anyway, my wife, in her impatience, emails VFS in Rio (I know, naughty) and they actually respond within an hour saying the documents are being sent and she'll get an email when they're received. From what I've read online I think her passport was possibly sent to Bogota? Not sure.

Another week goes by and today, my wife emails them again. Now they say that her passport is there in the VFS Rio office and ready to be collected...

Nothing from Home Office either of those times regarding the decision and the passport. Not sure what to make of it. Could still go either way, yes or no. Tomorrow we find out.

£2,600 for this process. A complete farce.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 1:55 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost no communication with our process

Originally Posted by Chezdon
Hello,

Applied priority from Rio, Brazil, on 10th Feb, Bio 23rd Feb. Everything scanned in the VFS center, nothing physical sent to Sheffield.

Last Tuesday, 10th April, marked 30 working days. So I decided to call to see what's up. As far as I was concerned it was a straight forward application. Financial route A, no kids, married etc.

Called Immi and they say a decision has been made, but she can't tell me which way (obviously), and she can't tell me when it was made as her system refreshes every day. LOL. Great technology you've got there.

So anyway, my wife, in her impatience, emails VFS in Rio (I know, naughty) and they actually respond within an hour saying the documents are being sent and she'll get an email when they're received. From what I've read online I think her passport was possibly sent to Bogota? Not sure.

Another week goes by and today, my wife emails them again. Now they say that her passport is there in the VFS Rio office and ready to be collected...

Nothing from Home Office either of those times regarding the decision and the passport. Not sure what to make of it. Could still go either way, yes or no. Tomorrow we find out.

It's the same for everyone, once they have received your docs then you will NOT hear, unless it's the 'not straightforward' e mail until everything is done. I suspect that is to save people having to take time updating people instead they spend the time sorting visas out.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It's the same for everyone, once they have received your docs then you will NOT hear, unless it's the 'not straightforward' e mail until everything is done. I suspect that is to save people having to take time updating people instead they spend the time sorting visas out.
Yeah but they send out emails when a decision has been made and when it's time to collect your passport, no? They explicitly say, "Do not contact your VFS center under any circumstances", which my wife ignored, even against my will. But she was right. If she hadn't, we'd still be sitting here twiddling our thumbs going insane from the wait.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I think your wife’s passport could be in Bogota for the 1 month visa to travel, VFS don’t stamp any visa they just reiceve the documents... today is my day 60 and I haven’t received anything... I don’t know VFS bogota email to ask them If my passport is ready, this is just crazy! A girl from Thailand told me that VFS send her the decision email and a SMS.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Didee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chezdon
Hello,

I applied on 19th March in Quito, Ecuador and my application is being processed in Bogota. Same situation as you, everything scanned at the VFS centre.
I haven't received any emails, not even saying that my application it's been passed on to an ECO. I'm currently on day 25 and still waiting for any updates.
I agree, this process is so expensive and a complete farce. My case is pretty straightforward as yours, Route A, no kids, etc. and still nothing.
At this point I'm guessing I won't get any updates until I get the final "decision email".

Originally Posted by AnnF
Hi, I think your wife’s passport could be in Bogota for the 1 month visa to travel, VFS don’t stamp any visa they just reiceve the documents... today is my day 60 and I haven’t received anything... I don’t know VFS bogota email to ask them If my passport is ready, this is just crazy! A girl from Thailand told me that VFS send her the decision email and a SMS.
Hey again AnnF!
Have you heard anything from your case?
I have the Bogota email, if you still need it let me know. =]
Old Apr 24th 2018, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Katy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Didee
I applied on 19th March in Quito, Ecuador and my application is being processed in Bogota. Same situation as you, everything scanned at the VFS centre.
I haven't received any emails, not even saying that my application it's been passed on to an ECO. I'm currently on day 25 and still waiting for any updates.
I agree, this process is so expensive and a complete farce. My case is pretty straightforward as yours, Route A, no kids, etc. and still nothing.
At this point I'm guessing I won't get any updates until I get the final "decision email".

Hey again AnnF!
Have you heard anything from your case?
I have the Bogota email, if you still need it let me know. =]
According to the timeline thread her visa was received on the 19th.