British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   After visa approval - How soon do we have to get to the UK? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/after-visa-approval-how-soon-do-we-have-get-uk-918087/)

Abercrombie123 Oct 8th 2018 6:43 am

After visa approval - How soon do we have to get to the UK?

Hi everyone - can somebody please just clarify for me...once the spouse visa is approved, how soon do we have to get to the UK? I have heard conflicting reports of the time frame being dependent on the visa approval date, and the date of intended entry as per the application form.

Thank you

em28 Oct 8th 2018 7:22 am

Re: After visa approval - How soon do we have to get to the UK?

Originally Posted by Abercrombie123 (Post 12574356)
Hi everyone - can somebody please just clarify for me...once the spouse visa is approved, how soon do we have to get to the UK? I have heard conflicting reports of the time frame being dependent on the visa approval date, and the date of intended entry as per the application form.

Thank you

Hi,

I have an entry date on my visa for mid December as that's what I put on the form. Visa was issued two weeks so now. So, I'd guess the later of the two - entry date mentioned on the application form or the date of issue.

spouse of scouse Oct 8th 2018 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Abercrombie123 (Post 12574356)

Thank you

You'll have 30 days from the date on your passport vignette to enter the UK and collect your BRP. The 30 days is either from the date you nominated on your application form, or the date the visa was issued - whichever is the later.
For example - if you nominated a date on your application form of 8 November and your visa was processed before then, then 8 November is the date that will be on the passport vignette and you'd need to enter within 30 days from that date. If your visa wasn't processed until after 8 November, then the date it was processed is the date that will be on the passport vignette, and you'd need to enter the UK within 30 days of that date.

BritInParis Oct 8th 2018 10:43 am

It should be 30 days from the date you indicate on the application form or the date of issue, whichever is later, but this does not seem to be always consistently applied.

em28 Oct 8th 2018 10:46 am

Mine starts exactly one week before the entry date I mentioned on the application, with the BRP ready for collection on the date I put down.