Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

After visa approval - How soon do we have to get to the UK?

After visa approval - How soon do we have to get to the UK?

Old Oct 8th 2018, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Abercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default After visa approval - How soon do we have to get to the UK?

Hi everyone - can somebody please just clarify for me...once the spouse visa is approved, how soon do we have to get to the UK? I have heard conflicting reports of the time frame being dependent on the visa approval date, and the date of intended entry as per the application form.

Thank you
Old Oct 8th 2018, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After visa approval - How soon do we have to get to the UK?

Originally Posted by Abercrombie123
Hi everyone - can somebody please just clarify for me...once the spouse visa is approved, how soon do we have to get to the UK? I have heard conflicting reports of the time frame being dependent on the visa approval date, and the date of intended entry as per the application form.

Thank you
Hi,

I have an entry date on my visa for mid December as that's what I put on the form. Visa was issued two weeks so now. So, I'd guess the later of the two - entry date mentioned on the application form or the date of issue.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 10:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abercrombie123

Thank you
You'll have 30 days from the date on your passport vignette to enter the UK and collect your BRP. The 30 days is either from the date you nominated on your application form, or the date the visa was issued - whichever is the later.
For example - if you nominated a date on your application form of 8 November and your visa was processed before then, then 8 November is the date that will be on the passport vignette and you'd need to enter within 30 days from that date. If your visa wasn't processed until after 8 November, then the date it was processed is the date that will be on the passport vignette, and you'd need to enter the UK within 30 days of that date.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 10:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It should be 30 days from the date you indicate on the application form or the date of issue, whichever is later, but this does not seem to be always consistently applied.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine starts exactly one week before the entry date I mentioned on the application, with the BRP ready for collection on the date I put down.