After receiving Spousal Visa

Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

jacks50p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After receiving Spousal Visa

Can someone tell me how long we can stay in the US once ones Spousal Visa is approved? Is it like when I came he to marry and had three months?
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After receiving Spousal Visa

Originally Posted by jacks50p
Can someone tell me how long we can stay in the US once ones Spousal Visa is approved? Is it like when I came he to marry and had three months?
What did you have three months for? Do you mean the 90 days on the VWP? If so, that wasn't a visa and you were just visiting.

Are you asking about how long you have before you have to move to the UK permanently once your spouse has his/her visa?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 29th 2019 at 1:43 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Once your visa is issued and you move to the UK the applicant can stay until the next visa is required - 2.5 years; then once the next visa is issued another 2.5 years. At that stage (5 years) the applicant can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. If granted they are then a permanent resident.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

It was my K1 Visa to marry. Yes, how long be we would have to leave permanently? Thank you
Old Apr 29th 2019, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Once your visa is issued and you move to the UK the applicant can stay until the next visa is required - 2.5 years; then once the next visa is issued another 2.5 years. At that stage (5 years) the applicant can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. If granted they are then a permanent resident.
hi, aware of happens what happens when we get there just wondered if we had to leave within a certain time....like with my K1 visa when I came to the USA 10 years ago.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 6:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

hi, aware of happens what happens when we get there just wondered if we had to leave within a certain time....like with my K1 visa when I came to the USA 10 years ago.
I think you're asking how long do you have to enter the UK after receiving a UK spouse? If so, the spouse visa holder will need to enter the UK and collect their Biometric Residence Permit within 30 days of the date they nominated on their application as their entry date, or within 30 days of the date their visa was granted, whichever is the later.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much spouse of scouse, that's exactly what I meant. I think I am worse now after us making the decision to 'hopefully' return to the UK, that I am in an emotionally worse state than I was before. I just can't think straight anymore. We worked out the required monies to get my hubby back with me at today's exchange rate which would give us 30,000 pounds....more than if required minimum. However, we can't leave for two years yet and now I'm worried we just wouldnt be able to afford to go, I don't get my pension till 2024. All sorts of things keep going through my head. I know after losing one husband I couldn't go via the other route of me going home and finding a job and being seperated for so long. But then, if I'm so sad and depressed I would do it, right?
Old Apr 29th 2019, 6:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

TWe worked out the required monies to get my hubby back with me at today's exchange rate which would give us 30,000 pounds....more than if required minimum.
Just checking, but you have a job/income paying you £30,000? The required minimum is quite a bit higher if you’re relying on savings alone.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 29th 2019 at 7:31 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Just checking, but you have a job/income paying you £30,000? The required minimum is quite a bit higher if you’re relying on savings alone.
No Christmasoompa, that will be our combined pension in 2021. I reieve anther 9 thousand in 2023.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

No Christmasoompa, that will be our combined pension in 2021. I reieve anther 9 thousand in 2023.
Ah, fab. Just checking as I wasn't sure if 'monies' meant cash in the bank.