6th Great Grandparents UK Citizen

Old Jul 12th 2018, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

BMHawthorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 6th Great Grandparents UK Citizen

I have done extensive research on my family and I have discovered that My 6th, 5th and 4th great grandparents are from England, Worcester, Birmingham and London. I would love to have dual citizenship based off of this information. Is that possible? Or would I have to move to England to do this. Which I also would love to do. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 5:39 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6th Great Grandparents UK Citizen

ukyankee.com is the correct place for UK questions.

But to provide you with the answer you asked for immediately - no. It won't get you UKC.

https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citizen

You should also note that 'England' hasn't existed as a separate entity since 1707. It's the United Kingdom.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 1:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BMHawthorne
I have done extensive research on my family and I have discovered that My 6th, 5th and 4th great grandparents are from England, Worcester, Birmingham and London. I would love to have dual citizenship based off of this information. Is that possible? Or would I have to move to England to do this. Which I also would love to do. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, welcome to BE. You've posted in the US immigration forums, which is for those looking to move to the US.

When you say 6th, 5th and 4th, do you mean that's how many generations back before you get any British ancestry? If so, that's too far to claim any citizenship, and I believe too far to even claim an ancestry visa - you need a grandparent and no further from what I understand. But I'll move your thread to the right part of the forum, where the forum pros will be happy to help you.

Good luck.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 1:07 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

If so, that's too far to claim any citizenship, and I believe too far to even claim an ancestry visa
You have to be from a Commonwealth country to qualify for an ancestry visa, even if you have a UKC grandparent. Neither fits him as a (probable, based on where he posted at first) US Citizen with no UKC grandparent.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 1:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Not even close I'm afraid.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
You have to be from a Commonwealth country to qualify for an ancestry visa, even if you have a UKC grandparent. Neither fits him as a (probable, based on where he posted at first) US Citizen with no UKC grandparent.
If he is a USC I agree - but he's not actually said where he's from. Hopefully the OP will come back and give us more info.