Visa for Hong Kong?

Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa for Hong Kong?

The company I work for (in the UK) is considering sending some consultants to Hong Kong for a short term project (a few months). Do they need to get visas for their employees, or is it ok for someone to work for in Hong Kong for a foreign company while visiting? If a visa is required, is it possible to get one in this situation?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:08 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa for Hong Kong?

A Brit can get a six month visa at the door.

If you are going to be legally emploed by an HK co - paying tax and stuff like that then you need a work visa and residence.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob
A Brit can get a six month visa at the door.

If you are going to be legally emploed by an HK co - paying tax and stuff like that then you need a work visa and residence.
Thanks, I know about the 6 month visa. However, I'm not sure if one is allowed to work there for a foreign company while visiting. It wouldn't work with the US, for example.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:37 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Sorry mate - you did say that.

I used to go there for three months for a uk firm with a branch in HK and work there. I did not tell anyone and my employer was the uk.

Apologies - your question was clear - my mind was clouded and answer was shite.

Enjoy - it is a nice place.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I used to go there for three months for a uk firm with a branch in HK and work there. I did not tell anyone and my employer was the uk.

What are you doing here?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

B.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean
What are you doing here?
What are you doing here ?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B.Geezer
What are you doing here ?
I wondered what Old Lob was doing there.........

I miss his humour - he's based in Muscat so we should see more of him than we do........
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Worked in Oman for 3 years 30 years ago.
The company I worked for used to have its Materials Lab in Bowsher and iirc there was a golf course there as well, browns not greens.

Oman was great at that time often wanted to return and see it now.
I used to live in Ruwi.

At that time there was still trouble with the rebels down in Salalah.
One of the projects I was on was a mineral survey in an area of 1000 sq Km east of Salalah itself and also including the Kuria Muria Islands.
No roads or signposts.
We camped out and when in certain areas used to have the Sultan's army with us as protection. Of course the SAS were around but you never saw them.
Anyway we came out of one area where the army was providing us with protection and the next day some guys from Salalah were in the same area camping and diving for crayfish.
They were attacked by the rebels and iirc 3 of the 6 were killed.
I was also up in Mussandem and Nizwah.

Great memories of Oman as it was my first overseas posting.