Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Thanks, Sue, for creating this sub-forum!

Thanks, Sue, for creating this sub-forum!

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks, Sue, for creating this sub-forum!

I'm in the process of relocating to Shanghai at the moment - I'll post any resources/tips etc on here as I go along.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 4:09 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks, Sue, for creating this sub-forum!

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
I'm in the process of relocating to Shanghai at the moment - I'll post any resources/tips etc on here as I go along.
You are very welcome
Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hey. Kia Ora from New Zealand.
Thought I'd just pop into this brand new place to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Yeah well done Sue,

Here is wishing all a Merry Christmas from Weifang.

'vette
Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue
You are very welcome
It is great to see this sub-forum.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 11:45 am
Just Joined

DesertDawg is an unknown quantity at this point

a) Take the Hatta road (also called Al-Awir Road), and keep driving past Big Red (where all the Quad bikes are) and through Maddam. After Maddam, take a right by the EPPCO petrol station and you will be on a road through the mountains that will eventually end up in Al-Ain (i think it's sign-posted to Al-Maha). Follow this road for about 15 kms, and then take the dirt track road to your left. This will take you on a circuitous, mountainous route back to Hatta, but with some nice places to camp next to pools, wadis etc on the way. If you don't have a 4x4, you will be OK so long as it hasn't been raining (in which case, many of the fords will be deep, and the track roads may be washed away). I can look up the GPS co-ords for anyone who wants them.

Very important - even if you are in a 4 x 4, don't drive in the wadis if it is raining. Several people every year die in flash floods!! Last time I was out that way, there was a totally trashed Nissan patrol washed up in a gully...
Dear shakh your bootie

Could I trouble you for the GPS co-ords for the start of the road into the mountains? This will be my first camping expedition and looking for somewhere nice within a reasonable distance of Abu Dhabi.

DesertDawg

PS: Sorry for being OT - could not PM you (new to bb) or reply to original thread (closed).
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DesertDawg
Dear shakh your bootie

Could I trouble you for the GPS co-ords for the start of the road into the mountains? This will be my first camping expedition and looking for somewhere nice within a reasonable distance of Abu Dhabi.

DesertDawg

PS: Sorry for being OT - could not PM you (new to bb) or reply to original thread (closed).
Sorry, mate - I've left the UAE now and no longer have my old GPS with the co-ords stored. LOL - well done for finding such an old post, though!!

Put up a post in the ME forum - someone there (Shiva might be a good bet) should be able to send co-ords for a good campsite near Hatta (or follow signs to Hatta pools, and turn off somewhere around there. Loads of nice campsites out that way).