Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

looking for some one in china to sell british wines to the lovely people of china

looking for some one in china to sell british wines to the lovely people of china

Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

jtinka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for some one in china to sell british wines to the lovely people of china

Do you think its possible,? to sell the best of british wines to a select consumer market in china. and if so..? do you think!! the consumer would continue to buy the select product or Not.. ... thanks...
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: looking for some one in china to sell british wines to the lovely people of china

Originally Posted by jtinka
Do you think its possible,? to sell the best of british wines to a select consumer market in china. and if so..? do you think!! the consumer would continue to buy the select product or Not.. ... thanks...
Think you will find all foreign goods carry a fair tax in CHina. However my local pub in TEDA, Tianjin sell an excellent French white for about 2 pounds for a huge glass!

Great Wall Red is about 1.25 pounds a bottle in the supermarkets! Bit rough but improving all the time.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

jtinka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking for some one in china to sell british wines to the lovely people of china

Thank you very much for the info and by the way how is life treating you in TEDA? but if i may continue to ask, do you reckon, lets say on one night if your local pub were to compare sales of wines to their consumers, at what rate do you think the consumers would buy the british wine product.. or do they NOT purchase british wines.. thanks Again
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jtinka
Thank you very much for the info and by the way how is life treating you in TEDA? but if i may continue to ask, do you reckon, lets say on one night if your local pub were to compare sales of wines to their consumers, at what rate do you think the consumers would buy the british wine product.. or do they NOT purchase british wines.. thanks Again
First, I am only inTEDA when I am on holiday from Dubai. Second, my feeling is that most customers are guided by price/quality rather than source. However I could be wrong but most people I speak to are looking for value for money above most other considerations!