China visa registration/PSB

Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:50 am
Just Joined

cucus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default China visa registration/PSB

Just a quick message.

Have been in Shenzhen (Shekou) for just over one week now and have only just discovered by chance than foreigners must register with the PSB within 24 hours of arrival! Obviously I haven't done this. I am staying in a private residence, not a hotel where one is automatically registered when checking in. I am not here on business.

I have two questions.

- I am planning to depart when my visa expires (30 days), any suggestions as to whether I should just continue my daily routine or bite the bullet and register late? I have stayed in Shenzhen (Shekou) before without registering, but only for a week and there were no problems whatsoever, BTW, my last stay here was end of August, during the olympics.

- I would like to extend my visa by two days. If I haven't registered with the PSB, I'm suspecting extension will be refused with a possible fine?

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Cucus
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

jaykayhk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: China visa registration/PSB

When I applied for my work permit in China the police notified me (during my police interview) that I had not registered with the PSB within 24 hours - this was after around 5 days there. But nothing more was said and the company dealt with it in the afternoon. I would certainly say that you will have no chance of a visa extension without being registered.