China Police Check

Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

garryshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default China Police Check

Hello!
I am a recent applicant to BUNAC 2008 (non-student) - the Canada working holiday scheme, and have been looking at the police check rules....I lived in China for 14 months (2003 - 2004) and from everything ive been reading it seems virtually impossible to get hold of a police check there outside the country (im in the UK).

Ive been reading the threads on this forum, but was wondering if there is any more up-to-date experiences of getting a chinese police check from the outside. If someone could explain the process in a straightforward way they will already be helping me more than the UK and Chinese embassies who seem to mostly be trying to brush me off without really helping.
Thanks!
Garry.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice
Default Re: China Police Check

Originally Posted by garryshaw
Hello!
I am a recent applicant to BUNAC 2008 (non-student) - the Canada working holiday scheme, and have been looking at the police check rules....I lived in China for 14 months (2003 - 2004) and from everything ive been reading it seems virtually impossible to get hold of a police check there outside the country (im in the UK).

Ive been reading the threads on this forum, but was wondering if there is any more up-to-date experiences of getting a chinese police check from the outside. If someone could explain the process in a straightforward way they will already be helping me more than the UK and Chinese embassies who seem to mostly be trying to brush me off without really helping.
Thanks!
Garry.
Can't really help you per se but we were thinking of going to Australia last year and they also need police checks. The Australian immigration website has a form 47P which gives specific instructions for whom to contact for various countries including China. I am sure the procedures are the same for Canada or similar. You can use a search engine to locate the 47P (in pdf). It would appear that for China they do not accept applications by mail, you must go there? Sorry I cannot be of further help

Good luck!