China 3 month visa

Old Aug 14th 2011, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

annieslp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default China 3 month visa

(my son is doing further research on moving to China on his 3 month modelling contract so will be using this user on and off)

Hi there,

I'm a British citizen currently living in the states and am wondering if I will need to go to London to pick up my 3 month work visa for China or whether it can all be done by mail..

any advice would be greatly appretiated!

Thank You,

Danny.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice
Default Re: China 3 month visa

As long as you fill out all the information correctly, there should be no problem for your passport to be posted out to you.
I am sure my first z visa was posted back to me. I was in the UK though.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:15 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Generally speaking you should apply for a Chinese visa in the country in which you are currently residing. For example, I'm a resident of Hong Kong with a US passport so I apply here in HK for a visa to China, not back in the USA. Friends of mine who are backpacking throughout the world (i.e. residents back in the US) and then arrive in HK seeking a Chinese visa have <sometimes> been turned down by the local consulate here.

It may be possible for them to apply to the embassy/consulate in the USA if that is where is he currently resident. Might save some time and shipping costs. But check the websites for further info.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

annieslp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your responses ...
Old Sep 6th 2011, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Generally speaking you should apply for a Chinese visa in the country in which you are currently residing. For example, I'm a resident of Hong Kong with a US passport so I apply here in HK for a visa to China, not back in the USA. Friends of mine who are backpacking throughout the world (i.e. residents back in the US) and then arrive in HK seeking a Chinese visa have <sometimes> been turned down by the local consulate here.

It may be possible for them to apply to the embassy/consulate in the USA if that is where is he currently resident. Might save some time and shipping costs. But check the websites for further info.
I agree, it makes sense to apply in the country where you are living.

The backpackers, however, would have been applying for a tourist visa. Very different from a work one. I know dozens of people (many who were working!) who have made the visa run from China to HK for a tourist visa renewal.
The work visa requires an invitation letter from the company you are visiting and you are best to ask for a multiple entry. This visa cannot be renewed in China unless you have upgraded it to a residence visa + work permit.