Babies staying in hong kong

Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Babies staying in hong kong

My family has decided to join us in hong kong for a few days while we have a stopover en route to nz, my daughter has a son who will be 9 months old
when we arrive. Will we be able to buy sma white milk and heinz and cow and gate jars of food and pampers nappies, or will we need to bring all this with us.
Many thanks Steph
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Default Re: Babies staying in hong kong

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
My family has decided to join us in hong kong for a few days while we have a stopover en route to nz, my daughter has a son who will be 9 months old
when we arrive. Will we be able to buy sma white milk and heinz and cow and gate jars of food and pampers nappies, or will we need to bring all this with us.
Many thanks Steph
You can buy the Heinz and pampers no problem but don't think they have SMA. They have loads of different types of milk powders and at 9 months old the baby won't mind a swap over if you can't get it. I have travelled with my 4 kids (7, 5, 3 and 11 months) all over the world and they have adapted to whatever milk, food and nappies were available.

Best of luck

Galba
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that, it is his first ever flight and he is the first born so she likes to stick to what she knows. At least we will only have to take out the milk and he only has a couple of bottles a day now so not so bad.
Cheers steph.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:22 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

We have an 11 month old here so am familiar with your want to keep everything familiar when you are travelling!

There is a shop in Central called Bumps to Babes which carries all the major brands such as Cow and Gate as well as all the nappies you will need.
There is a Mothercare also but it doesn't stock the day-to-day things you'll need.
I'm not familiar with SMA formula but know that they have C&G, HIPPOrganic and several others. At 9 months a change in milk shouldn't be a big drama but fortunately bringing your own isn't heavy like the jars of food would be!
Good luck!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers for that, we are staying at the jw marriott so that shouldnt be to far away. Sorry to be a pain but i have another question. I wear the flip flop style sandals alot in the summer, but my sister has informed me that i shouldnt wear theese in HKespecially in the hotels as they find it offensive. Is this true as i wouldnt like to offend anybody.

Thanks Steph.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:39 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

We were told this before we came to Hong Kong and I have no idea where it comes from.
everybody here seems to wear open toed shoes and sandals- I wouldn't worry about it at all.

From the JW Marriot it is easy to get to Bumps to Babes in a cab. It is on Pedder Street, above Shanghai Tang. The 5th floor of Pedder Building.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
I wear the flip flop style sandals alot in the summer, but my sister has informed me that i shouldnt wear theese in HKespecially in the hotels as they find it offensive. Is this true as i wouldnt like to offend anybody.
Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
everybody here seems to wear open toed shoes and sandals- I wouldn't worry about it at all.
I hope you're not talking about the cheap rubber ones that you wear at the beach! The concierge at the Marriott wouldn't be too impressed...

Mrs JTL
Attached Images  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool flip flops Thanks for all the advice just got to survive the plane journey now with a nine month old thats never flown before