Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

Understanding Internal Aerolineas Argentinas flights

Understanding Internal Aerolineas Argentinas flights

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Understanding Internal Aerolineas Argentinas flights

I'm sorry I know this isn't technically BE type stuff, but I'm struggling to figure the intricacies of the AA Visit Argentina coupons etc., is there either an English language site or some site which makes it a bit clearer which flights require going through Jorge Newbery as a hub, how many coupons you use, etc.,???? I understood 16years ago. Now, despite way better Spanish due to living here, I'm flummoxed!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Understanding Internal Aerolineas Argentinas flights

I dont know anything about the coupons, but would suggest you try to avoid AA if at all possible. They are notorious for bad service, cancellations etc, and only manage to keep operating thanks to government subsidies. If you can, try to use LAN , they are excellent
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

elhombresinnombre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dfjordan
I dont know anything about the coupons, but would suggest you try to avoid AA if at all possible. They are notorious for bad service, cancellations etc, and only manage to keep operating thanks to government subsidies. If you can, try to use LAN , they are excellent
Unfortunately, whilst with Aerolineas your main concern might be when you will actually fly, given the current spat between the government and LAN proceeding through the courts, the question must be, with seats booked into the future with LAN - will you fly? I imagine that the coupons referred to by the OP are special discounts for non-resident tourists given when purchasing an international flight at the same time, in which case comparable prices would not be available elsewhere.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elhombresinnombre
Unfortunately, whilst with Aerolineas your main concern might be when you will actually fly, given the current spat between the government and LAN proceeding through the courts, the question must be, with seats booked into the future with LAN - will you fly? I imagine that the coupons referred to by the OP are special discounts for non-resident tourists given when purchasing an international flight at the same time, in which case comparable prices would not be available elsewhere.
I don't know about the actual discount - I know the first time I visited Arga., in 1990 (eeek....that long ago?!!!!) the coupons made visiting far flung spots very affordable. Now, with tightening up on the rules (have to use a coupon for each leg of a flight, etc.,) it seems less economical. Neither of you seem that encouraging about LAN or AA, though!!
Old Sep 7th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry about LAN, they have no plans to leave Argie, and even their President has clarified that they have no intention to get LAN out. It's the best Latin American airline, but if you want really cheap fares and arent bothered about if or when your flight will leave, then go for AA