Toluca here I come!

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

arriba_yer_bagpipes is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Toluca here I come!

Hello

Just putting the feelers out for some info about Toluca and the expat life in Mexico.

Im planning on moving to Toluca with my lovely mexican boyfriend in December for a Mexican Christmas and to start our new life together (currently living in Liverpool England). Very excited about this new chapter but also i have a few questions. Luckily i hablo the old espanol pretty fluently and i am currently being coached in mexican slag, guay!

My degree and passion is in the performing arts, theatre, (can i become a mexican soap star?) What is the theatre scene like, any work to be had? I teach drama to children is there a niche for this?
Like most performers im getting my back up option(s) sorted. Currently i work at Liverpool Football Club as a tour guide I really enjoy working with tourist, what about that type of thing in Toluca?

Or the classic English teacher! to do the TEFL in the Uk before i leave or in Mexico (hopefully making new friends and contacts?)?

As for visas im going down the slightly sneaky route of the old tourist visa, then hopefully get myself a work visa when i get a job.

Luckily we have a slight cushion as we will be living with my boyfriends family until we are sorted.

OK folks of the interweb hit me with your advice

It will be much appreciate yours sincerely
arriba_yer_bagpipes (im from scotland)
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toluca here I come!

Hi arriba_yer_bagpipes

A belated welcome to BE!!!

Have you arrived in Toluca yet? How are you finding it?