Moving To Margarita

Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

lee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant future
Default Moving To Margarita

hi currently live in the UK, selling up my business etc and after moving to warmer times. thinking of moving to Margartita (having a holiday there in Oct to check it out).
Does anyone know anything about this island. done research on net etc and it sounds ok. can anyone help or give advice on the island, workwise etc,political climate,
thanks
lee
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Cancun Ken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving To Margarita

Originally Posted by lee.walker1
hi currently live in the UK, selling up my business etc and after moving to warmer times. thinking of moving to Margartita (having a holiday there in Oct to check it out).
Does anyone know anything about this island. done research on net etc and it sounds ok. can anyone help or give advice on the island, workwise etc,political climate,
thanks
lee
HI my husband used to work & Live in Margarita. We now live in Cancun Mexico.
I will show him your post and hopefully get you a reply .I guess you may have already had your holiday there. Hope you enjoyed it
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Marshie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
lee
Hi Lee - I've just joined this forum as I'm planning to move to Margarita in Jan 2010 (with hubby) Have you moved there yet or are you still planning to? (or did you decide not to?) Lots of questions - would be great to hear from you to see what you thought of the island and where you are planning to move to.
Marshie
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

UPP is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
lee
Hi Lee,

I lived in Venezuela (6 years) and know the island of Margarita rather well. If I were you, I would not even consider moving anywhere near Venezuela (under the Chavez regime) and don't invest a penny. You will be cheated and skinned and loose your shirt. I am a seasoned expat (7 countries and 3 continents) and have moved from London to Uruguay, Punta del Este (St. Tropez of South America) where I now live and run my own property consultancy business. If anyone wants to know more about Punta del Este, the best kept secret in Southamerica, I shall be glad to dispatch free advice and give you a helping hand. Regards Margret