ARGENTINA'S BLUE DOLLARS

Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of
Default ARGENTINA'S BLUE DOLLARS

Hi

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how this blue dollar thing works?

How can I spend them if they are illegal ?
Old May 1st 2013, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARGENTINA'S BLUE DOLLARS

Originally Posted by timmerman
Hi

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how this blue dollar thing works?

How can I spend them if they are illegal ?

Blue dollar just means the unofficial =black market exchange rate. If you have US$ cash you will sell ít on the black market for something around the rate quoted. You'll get Argentina Pesos to spend as you wish. Obviously what you are doing is illegal, but everyone is doing it anyway, and you must be careful if buying US$ that you arent given false bills, as they are very difficult to detect
Old May 1st 2013, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

I was thinking this was the case but found it hard to get a clear explanation on google. Do you know where I can obtain these?

whats the chances of getting handed fakes?
Old May 1st 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking this was the case but found it hard to get a clear explanation on google. Do you know where I can obtain these?

whats the chances of getting handed fakes?
I assume you are already in Argentina. If so, I'm sure you wouldnt have any trouble selling your dollars. If you arent approached in the street by dealers, then just ask in your hotel, as the situation for Argentinians to get hold of dollars is desperate as everyone wants them. If on the other hand you want to buy dollars, it will be more difficult because of the demand.
As in all such cases of exchanging money on the black market, you take a big risk of being given false currency
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your help

I shall be there in a few days

What about selling pesos? I know any where in australia (where I know live) has stopped buying them. Can I sell peso in the the bank for another currency ?
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for your help

I shall be there in a few days

What about selling pesos? I know any where in australia (where I know live) has stopped buying them. Can I sell peso in the the bank for another currency ?
A simple answer is No. Remember that we are talking about buying currency on the black market, which is illegal. I'm not sure if you can still do it, but the system used to be that you could change whatever Pesos you had left at the end of the visit, back into US$, but only if you produced the paper you received from the bank at the time you changed your US$ into Pesos , ie legally. Rather change into Pesos, the amount you estimate you need, and if there's anything left, just spend it on anything.