Anyone familiar with Cancun Airport?

Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone familiar with Cancun Airport?

So, with all the time I've spent in Mexico over the years (but not so much recently) I have never been to Cancun.

Now, my son will be visiting his father in Cancun this summer. Father is proposing that he is ready to fly alone (ie not paying for the "unaccompanied minor service"), and I'm not at all sure since he hasn't yet done a flight by himself, let alone an international one, though he is quite an experience traveller from his travels with me. He is sensible, intelligent, not at all shy, and knows airline travel in general - just not by himself.

He will be 13 at the beginning of October, and it seems to me that a lot will depend on how easy/hard it is to navigate the airport at Cancun. The D.F. airport is relatively large, but I don't know Cancun at all.

Has anyone been through Cancun? What's it like?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

adamathefrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone familiar with Cancun Airport?

I was there a year and a half ago. It's not a horrible airport.

The pick up point is fairly straight forward from the traveller point of view, so long as he can dodge the people trying to sell him a taxi to the hotel zones.

We parked pretty much directly outside the departures entrace. There are 3 terminals, which might make it a bit more of a pain for his dad to find, though!