Job seeker

Old May 29th 2017, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Twinni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job seeker

I am a 29 yr old man working as a police man, living and working in Jamaica. I have heard about Cayman Islands and how good it is to work there etc but I am wondering if I can get a job in Cayman as a police and if the police job alone will be enough to take care of my wife and our next month due date baby girl. In the long run about 9 months from now my wife will be looking back a job, she is an early childhood certified teacher. Is it practicable for me to look the job in Cayman as a police man to carry along my wife n really young baby? Where after my wife will seek a job while in the country as a early childhood teacher
Old May 29th 2017, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job seeker

There are a lot of Jamaican Policemen here, and Cayman is in great demand as a place to work. I guess most would be from Kingston, and the Cayman Police Force would no doubt recruit from the same place year after year. Your best bet would be to contact the Police Commissioner here, after you've done some research about these Islands.
Old May 29th 2017, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Alright. I will continue to do research about Cayman Islands. Two persons working is better than 1 so before I even think of calling Commissioner for the Cayman Islands I wanna know if my wife would be able to get a job there too with her qualifications in early childhood education for us both being able to pay to send our child to school over there. I hearing it can be expensive esp if it's a private sch and that the government schools are not that good. Is that really true?
Old May 29th 2017, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinni
Alright. I will continue to do research about Cayman Islands. Two persons working is better than 1 so before I even think of calling Commissioner for the Cayman Islands I wanna know if my wife would be able to get a job there too with her qualifications in early childhood education for us both being able to pay to send our child to school over there. I hearing it can be expensive esp if it's a private sch and that the government schools are not that good. Is that really true?
Well, the thing is that not every foreigner is allowed to bring his whole family over. It all depends on salary, and yours might not be enough for you to bring two dependents. I've no idea what the salaries are for policemen. If your wife were to go out to work as soon as she arrives, that might count in your favour. Is she prepared to do that?

As for the cost of education: at last report, foreigners were not allowed the option of sending their children to government schools. But in any case, your baby would be several years away from needing a school yet!
Old May 29th 2017, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

That's true. But you see I always try to loon at things futuristically as let's day I do get accepted and me alongside my wife living over there and be working the contract is usually how long? I guess each contract varies but I have to think long term.