Dentists

Old Nov 8th 2018, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Lowraj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dentists

Hi all,

So my wife and I, and our son who’s just turning one, are making the move out to the Cayman Islands next February.

I’m sure there will be many more questions from us but, for the moment, please excuse this slightly odd one!

I’m wondering what experience people have had with dentistry in Cayman or in Florida, and whether it has been good/bad etc? The reason I ask is that my wife is planning to get some dental work done, some straightening and a couple implants. This was all supposed to take place in the UK but I doubt we will now have time to get the work done before our move.

The UK dentist has basically told my wife that she absolutely shouldn’t get dental work done by “US Dentists” as it won’t be as good and they will probably just push her to get veneers. He wants her to come back to the UK to get the work done here.

I was always under the impression that US dentistry was very good but who knows! The skeptic in me thinks the dentist here could just be after our money but it’s hard to tell.

So yeh just wondering if anyone has any experience with dentistry on the island or in Florida, particularly “cosmetic work” and what the attitude of the dentists was like.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

thanks

Graeme
Old Nov 9th 2018, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dentists

Our dentist is a US man in the dental clinic of our government Hospital here, and is the best and gentlest dentist my wife and I have had in our lives - 78 years for her and 79 for me, and in half a dozen countries. We've never heard of anybody going off the Island for dental work; there's no reason to.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your reply Gordon, that’s reassuring.

Graeme
Old Nov 9th 2018, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lowraj
Many thanks for your reply Gordon, that’s reassuring. Graeme
You'll find that Cayman (Grand Cayman, anyway) has most of what anybody needs. Except your favourite English foods! The supermarkets (there are seven of them; four of them buy from Waitrose, one from Tesco) only order a couple of containers from England a year.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

ABCR is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep - we use Pasadora family dental clinic and they are fantastic!
Old Nov 15th 2018, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Seven Mile Dental Clinic on West Bay Road is fabulous. My friend Scott McFarlane owns the practice. He is from Scotland and is extremely well qualified with implants etc.. They have just employed a pediatric dentist.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all, that’s been really helpful and reassuring!