Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Where is safe & sensible to live?

Where is safe & sensible to live?

Old Mar 4th 2017, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

AmyLou88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is safe & sensible to live?

Hi guys,
I wrote the post Jamaica, Jamaica & decided to write another one asking for advice as to where is actually safe & sensible to live on the Caribbean?
I have a very clear understanding that Jamaica isn't safe at all & is best to stick to going for holidays only. However, I understand that there's the rest of this amazing piece of Earth & would like Expats or people in the same position as me to come forward with advice, ideas, suggestions, info etc of what they know about any island of the Caribbean & let me know of any details they have.
Many thanks,
Amy
Old Mar 12th 2017, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

beachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond reputebeachseeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is safe & sensible to live?

Originally Posted by AmyLou88
Hi guys,
I wrote the post Jamaica, Jamaica & decided to write another one asking for advice as to where is actually safe & sensible to live on the Caribbean?
I have a very clear understanding that Jamaica isn't safe at all & is best to stick to going for holidays only. However, I understand that there's the rest of this amazing piece of Earth & would like Expats or people in the same position as me to come forward with advice, ideas, suggestions, info etc of what they know about any island of the Caribbean & let me know of any details they have.
Many thanks,
Amy
Hi Amy - here is a google search link for worldwide crime stats. There are many sites that have info in them but they might be a bit out of date (lagging behind somewhat). https://www.google.ca/#q=crime+statistics+worldwide&*
Crime stats by country gives an indication but doesn't say how safe you might be in a given community. It is always best to visit a place and talk to locals so you can get a feel for it. You might also wish to look at poverty, unemployment, and corruption ranking as indicators.... my research shows that Barbados has good indicators for safety. Barbados is also very expensive and difficult to get residency. Good luck!
Old Mar 18th 2017, 6:26 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is safe & sensible to live?

You need to know about crime against the person, and some other info which isnt so easy to find, even then some info is misleading. In paradise, they normally wont want you unless you have something meaningful to offer, be it money or some skill they are looking for, they normally have enough people, and not enough land. Most of the islands are more expensive than bigger countries.