Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Want to Move to a Caribbean Island

Want to Move to a Caribbean Island

Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Nata_lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to Move to a Caribbean Island

Hello All,

I have been tryig for over a year now to gather a job within the caribbean islands. I have no friends in any island but the one i reside in (Jamaica). I would love to experience a different island but I have no links to any jobs. Could someone help? I have a BBA degree in Marketing and Banking and Finance but I am willing to do any form of office work or hotel work. Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:59 pm
wizard of aus

caribsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to Move to a Caribbean Island

try the cayman islands it is the 5th largest financial capital in the world, pefect for banking. just left there after ten years noiw on my way to australia.

steve.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caribsteve
try the cayman islands it is the 5th largest financial capital in the world, pefect for banking. just left there after ten years noiw on my way to australia.

steve.
Thanks for the response steve. I have tried contacting offices in the Cayman but I'm not getting any response from over there
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:17 am
Just Joined

eastofthesun is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Anguilla. We have an extreme labour shortage. I suggest you contact our four banks: NBA, CCB, ScotiaBank and First Caribbean.

Best wishes to you.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by eastofthesun
I live in Anguilla. We have an extreme labour shortage. I suggest you contact our four banks: NBA, CCB, ScotiaBank and First Caribbean.

Best wishes to you.

Thank you for the information, I am going to try my best in locating these positions
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Bajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really nice

What's your immigration status in Jamaica? If you are a citizen, you can work in other Caricom countries. Having the right to work is the biggest hurdle to overcome in looking for a job.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:27 am
Just Joined

I am a citizen of Jamaica, so I guess that makes me very eligible. Just that I dont know anyone from the other islands, so its not easy to get up and move just like that, without a job first