Turks and Caicos Islands

Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

DougB89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turks and Caicos Islands

Hey all, I have been considering a move to the Turks and Caicos Islands and was just wondering if anyone has lived there or are currently living there to see if it is a good place to move to. Currently living in the UK is it hard to get a visa for the islands? and also how expensive it is any comment would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Turks and Caicos Islands

Hi Doug,
Welcome to the boards!

if you haven't seen it, check out this other thread on T&C... posted about 3 posts up from yours

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644241

HTH
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:28 am
Just Joined

RayM. is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Turks and Caicos Islands

Hi Doug,

Turks, Caymans, Bahamas and Bermuda are limestone, low lying islands.
You may want a "hilly" (read mountaineous) landscape, and all the other Caribbean islands are there for the picking.

You may also entounter immigration problems. Turks is up to the brim with billionaires and somebody without substantial cash might not be welcome.

Would consider other islands?

I live in St. Lucia, and if you take a trip down here for a looksee tour, I can help you with advice and business guidance.

Feel free to ask questions.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

les666 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turks and Caicos Islands

Originally Posted by DougB89
Hey all, I have been considering a move to the Turks and Caicos Islands and was just wondering if anyone has lived there or are currently living there to see if it is a good place to move to. Currently living in the UK is it hard to get a visa for the islands? and also how expensive it is any comment would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Hi Doug, have done what your thinking of doing.. live/work in UK and have property around the world including retirement property in TCI..please feel free to ask me more questions

Please note this is a forum regarding the TCI , please people stay on topic..if Doug want to know about other countries he can ask.

Last edited by les666; Jan 24th 2010 at 9:56 am.