Turks & Caicos / BVI

Old Dec 4th 2013, 9:21 am
Just Joined

goingbacktotheislands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turks & Caicos / BVI

Hi all,

We are a family with two young children (aged 8 and 2) wanting to move from the UK to either Turks & Caicos or the BVI. We have previously lived in the Caribbean from 1999-2002 and again from 2007-2009, both times we lived and worked in Grand Cayman.

My Husband is a serving police officer here in the UK, so I am thinking that might be a way in for us, but information is very hard to obtain from here and emails to gvernment departments often go unanswered or bounce back.

Basically I am trying to find out if anyone knows anything about police recruitment in either TCI or BVI or can just be nice and offer some friendly advice. My past employments have been as PA/secretary (worked as a PA for government when living in Cayman Islands) but I am willing and able to turn my hand to do retail/bar work/waitressing/whatever is out there.

We are aware that both TCI and BVI are different from Cayman, so please help us out if you can!!!!

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 21st 2014, 10:10 am
Just Joined

lynnedarren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Turks & Caicos / BVI

Hi

My wife and I are looking at moving to CI and have had the same problems with the Government Embassy with emails.
I went online and found the number for the UK CI embassy and rang them and the guy on the phone was very helpful, I have since found out that the Caribbean embassy staff are lazy and don't like to be bothered with things.
The UK embassy guy gave me a few websites where every thing is explained better.
Hope this route will help you both.
Good look.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turks & Caicos / BVI

Remember that the US "Embassies" are really just London offices of the local governments. Being British colonies, none of Cayman, BVI or Turks have real embassies. The offices are usually staffed by political friends who live high on the hog and really don't give a damn.