Turks and Caicos

Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

london88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turks and Caicos

I have been offered a 2-year contract in Turks and Caicos, due to head out there in November this year.

I plan to return to the UK at the end of that contract.

The big draw for me is that there is no income tax in Turks and Caicos. I am planning to send money back to my parents whilst I am working in Turks & Caicos to pay off money that I owe them.

Would I have to pay any tax on money I send back?

When I return to the UK in November 2021, will I have to pay tax on any of the income earned while I was away when I transfer it back to a UK account?

Also, should I continue to pay national insurance contributions while I am away as I have a pension built up which I intend to pay into again once I am back in the UK?

I am 30 years old and only slight concern is that it may be mainly families out there so may be hard to meet like-minded single people around my age. Thoughts?

Many thanks
Old Jul 25th 2019, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

skip84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Turks and Caicos

I have been offered a 2-year contract in Turks and Caicos, due to head out there in November this year.

I plan to return to the UK at the end of that contract.

The big draw for me is that there is no income tax in Turks and Caicos. I am planning to send money back to my parents whilst I am working in Turks & Caicos to pay off money that I owe them.

Would I have to pay any tax on money I send back? If you’re not UK resident, you will not have to pay UK tax on your foreign income.When I return to the UK in November 2021, will I have to pay tax on any of the income earned while I was away when I transfer it back to a UK account? < https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-income >

Also, should I continue to pay national insurance contributions while I am away as I have a pension built up which I intend to pay into again once I am back in the UK? YES

I am 30 years old and only slight concern is that it may be mainly families out there so may be hard to meet like-minded single people around my age. Thoughts?

I am probably the only forum member in TCI that provides information, there are like-minded single people in certain cliques, as soon as you find one you will be fine, i would suggest the rugby club as a start. You are correct, the majority are families and dating scene is tiny.

Many thanks