St. Lucia to Barbados

Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Wagxl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default St. Lucia to Barbados

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get passage by boat from St. Lucia to Barbados? Or from Granada to Barbados, or from any of the nearby islands to Barbados. Are there cruise ships that go between the islands and is it possible to sign on for just one island hop in the cruise? Or is it possible to charter a sailboat? (very expensive, I suppose), or ?
Wag
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: St. Lucia to Barbados

Originally Posted by Wagxl
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get passage by boat from St. Lucia to Barbados? Or from Granada to Barbados, or from any of the nearby islands to Barbados. Are there cruise ships that go between the islands and is it possible to sign on for just one island hop in the cruise? Or is it possible to charter a sailboat? (very expensive, I suppose), or ?
Wag
Hey Wag,
I know the people behind EasyJet had a cruise ship business (think it might have been called EasyCruise - original eh?) that you could just hop on and off at different islands. That was a number of years ago and i'm not sure whether that is still available.
Apart from that I don't think there are ships that go between the islands - it's mostly flights.

HTH

Lottie
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Easy cruise does not operate here anymore which is a shame, there is a ferry service between the islands check out express-des-illes.com although I am not sure that they go to Barbados.

Hope this helps

Lucy
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:48 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wagxl
Wag
The only ferry that I Know of was the express d'isle as mentioned by Lucy Lock. This stops at Martinique, Dominica and I think Guadeloupe.

But hey, this could be a great business for someone with the right connectins to start. A proper ferry system between the islands would be great.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:14 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
The only ferry that I Know of was the express d'isle as mentioned by Lucy Lock. This stops at Martinique, Dominica and I think Guadeloupe.

But hey, this could be a great business for someone with the right connectins to start. A proper ferry system between the islands would be great.
Unfortunately, the thought has occured to people before (the one to start a very service) but it hasn't happened as yet, and likely will not.. Barbados, especially, is too far off the regurlar chain to make it worth while and it would likely be too expensive for the local market. I believe there are also issues with immigration, customs etc.. Also, the channel between here and St. Vincent & Martinique, is not the easiest of crossings, even for a cruise liner. There used to be a cargo vessel which carried passengers on a regular basis, but it stopped maybe 8 or so years ago