ST. LUCIA

Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:46 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Re: ST. LUCIA

Originally Posted by SarahR
My grandparents have land in Gros Islet which me and my father will be developing for them to have a home during the British winter (although by what is happening in the summer it may be year-round!). Can you advise me on the systems (planning permission, architect fees, etc.) over in St Lucia that could help get us started?

We are coming over Sep/Oct for a month to make the necessary arrangements. My father and brother are builders and we all plan to move out to St Lucia while they build a property in April onwards.
Its good news that your father and brother are builders, getting hard working and qualified tradesmen on the island can be a challenge. One thing that they may want to look into almost immediately, is a truck (best bet is Castries) and material suppliers...I know that there is an American Drywall Hardware Store in Soufriere but am not that familiar with the North of the island...remember that everything is imported so building materials are not cheap or easy to come by in large quantities...

good luck with it, I'm very envious
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am moving to St Lucia next month, would love to meet some people.I will be living in Marigot. If anyone needs accomodation I also have an apartment which I will be renting out at low cost, with beautiful views.
Thanks - cant wait to get a tan on my pasty skin
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

SarahR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LucyLock
Hi I am moving to St Lucia next month, would love to meet some people.I will be living in Marigot. If anyone needs accomodation I also have an apartment which I will be renting out at low cost, with beautiful views.
Thanks - cant wait to get a tan on my pasty skin
I am planning to go out to St Lucia in October for a month or so to sort some things out for the planned house building next year. I'm looking for accommodation for that time - is your appartment available? Do you have some info you can send me? Either way, it would be good to meet up and have a contact out there.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: ST. LUCIA

Hi I will be on the Island around that time, and the apartment should be free.
Not sure how we can correspond privately - any ideas?
It would also be nice to have a new contact on the Island as well.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

Click on your name in any post and you will find a list of options, including personal messaging so you can send and receive messages.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:40 am
Just Joined

dragon1503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: ST. LUCIA

Hi forum peoples,

I've been offered work in the Caribbean and it looks like I will be based primarily in St Lucia, with travel all over the show.
I'm married and have an 11 year old son so we're looking at schooling, nice place to live etc.
Any advice out there about do's dont's etc on St Lucia would be gratefully received!!
I will be out for a while before Xmas then away to Belize for a bit before family join me somewhere around Easter time.
Also looking to establish a network on St Lucia as we know no-one.
My wife is a music teacher so if there is any info there....the same applies!
look forward to hearing from anyone out there!

D
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:51 am
Just Joined

goodness me its all gone quiet in the forum!! where is everyone?
Can anybody out there get in contact with me about living in st. Lucia?
Any snippet of info no matter how trival would be good.
I'm now due out in November, but not too sure where I'll be going as yet!
Look forward to hearing from anyone!!!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:07 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dragon1503
goodness me its all gone quiet in the forum!! where is everyone?
Can anybody out there get in contact with me about living in st. Lucia?
Any snippet of info no matter how trival would be good.
I'm now due out in November, but not too sure where I'll be going as yet!
Look forward to hearing from anyone!!!
Which part of the island will you be staying at ?
Old Oct 13th 2007, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

what part of the island will I be on? very good question that!!
I think Im flying into Barbados for 2 days before getting to St Lucia after that.
Maybe in Castries but then I haven't received the itinerary yet.
Whereabouts are you on the island?
It looks like the company will relocate to St Lucia and they are paying for my accommodation...any hints on whats best area wise for a family of 3?
My son is 11 and will be joining me once he finishes primary school any good schools that you are aware of?
I look forward to hearing from you

regards

D
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:52 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dragon1503
what part of the island will I be on? very good question that!!
I think Im flying into Barbados for 2 days before getting to St Lucia after that.
Maybe in Castries but then I haven't received the itinerary yet.
Whereabouts are you on the island?
It looks like the company will relocate to St Lucia and they are paying for my accommodation...any hints on whats best area wise for a family of 3?
My son is 11 and will be joining me once he finishes primary school any good schools that you are aware of?
I look forward to hearing from you

regards

D
Hi, I am not residing on St Lucia yet. I am planning on building a house in the Rodney Bay area some time next year.

There is a relatively new international school in St Lucia which will cover your sons age group. this is based in Rodney Bay near the cinema.

http://www.Intschoolstlucia.org

This has cost associated of course. There are other local schools, but you will get much more info once on island. There is a swimming club and other activities he can get involved with in the aquatic centre in Rodney heights.

http://www.rodneybay.net

I like the Rodney Bay area because it is quite modern and developed, some say a mini Miami with the nice yatchs and beach, but there are various areas in St Lucia which you may prefer depending on your taste.
Old May 17th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

SarahR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lucy

Sorry I've been quiet for a while (work winter seasons in the French Alps - oh, the life) and I didn't make it over to SL in September but am heading over at the end of the month. Can't read the message you've sent me because of not enough threads...

Planning to have a holiday first and then look around for work/house for future move over. Are you still around? I'll be there 29 May - 22 June. No accommodation yet - do you rent accommodation still?
Old May 19th 2008, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sarah,
I know you have managed to sort out your pm, so I have left one there for you. I work for a real estate company and can help with rented accomodation, pm me and let me know what you need.

Speak soon!