Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

SETTING UP A SMALL BUSINESS ON ST LUCIA

SETTING UP A SMALL BUSINESS ON ST LUCIA

Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

lee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant future
Default SETTING UP A SMALL BUSINESS ON ST LUCIA

Im coming over to saint lucia towards the end of the month, basically to check out the prospects of finding work on the island or near-by. Whilst there i want to check out the idea of setting up a small family business as well as i want to eventually work for myself. i have'nt stacks of money to set up a business but hopefully enough to get something small kicked off the ground......as to what i have'nt a clue....has anyone any ideas of what is missing on the island.....my profession (if you can call it that) is owning/running bars and clubs....not that i want to do that again but im open to offers.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:21 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SETTING UP A SMALL BUSINESS ON ST LUCIA

Originally Posted by lee.walker1
Im coming over to saint lucia towards the end of the month, basically to check out the prospects of finding work on the island or near-by. Whilst there i want to check out the idea of setting up a small family business as well as i want to eventually work for myself. i have'nt stacks of money to set up a business but hopefully enough to get something small kicked off the ground......as to what i have'nt a clue....has anyone any ideas of what is missing on the island.....my profession (if you can call it that) is owning/running bars and clubs....not that i want to do that again but im open to offers.

Lot of new businesses springing up around the island. Your best bet is when you are on the island to visit some of the new bars around Rodney Bay and have a chat with some of the owners about their experiences setting up.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi visit the NDC ( National Development Council) at the waterfront in Castries - they are very helpful and can assist with all aspects of setting up a business in St Lucia.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

CsharpM is an unknown quantity at this point

National Development Corporation Website

Lots of good information.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Another place to go is SEDU (small enterprise development unit) - they did have a website, but i can't seem to find it now! I think their office is up at the Waterfront in Castries.

They were really helpful to my parents when setting up their company and knowing who/what/where to contact.

HTH
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

pasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nice

Originally Posted by LottieLou
Another place to go is SEDU (small enterprise development unit) - they did have a website, but i can't seem to find it now! I think their office is up at the Waterfront in Castries.

They were really helpful to my parents when setting up their company and knowing who/what/where to contact.

HTH
Not sure if this is of any use, but perhaps someone here can direct you to the right people on St. Lucia?

www.sedunevis.com

If I find anything else, I shall post it here.

Good luck.