Nursing in the Caribbean

Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Baltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the rough
Default Nursing in the Caribbean

Hi, has anyone done this or know anything about it? Do you need to do the NCLEX exam? Not sure which island as they appear to be recruiting for more than one? What's it like for children living in the Caribbean, eg schools. I have a friend in the UK who's thinking about going, so I thought I'd get some advice from you lovely peeps
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

boredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really nice
Default Re: Nursing in the Caribbean

I saw an ad for nursing in the Caribbean and have enquired............will let you know

Last edited by boredbrit; Apr 19th 2008 at 11:11 pm. Reason: pissed
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:12 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baltibabe
Hi, has anyone done this or know anything about it? Do you need to do the NCLEX exam? Not sure which island as they appear to be recruiting for more than one? What's it like for children living in the Caribbean, eg schools. I have a friend in the UK who's thinking about going, so I thought I'd get some advice from you lovely peeps
I mainly know about St Lucia, and others are more familiar with other islands.
The islands vary quite considerably. Find out exact which island you are considering then we can answer specific questions based on that island
Old May 1st 2008, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Have worked in the BVI. let me know if you want more info!
Old May 4th 2008, 11:03 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

You can nurse in the George Town Hospital in the Cayman Islands, the pay is not bad, my wife did it for three years. The quality of life is great, and you will have a blast, but you will most likely hate your job (i never met one person who liked working at the hospital, its very backward, trying to get anything done is like knocking your head off a brick wall, incompetence is rife, and the managers are walking distasters.) So in short, if you are prepared to 'switch off' at work (its the only way to survive, or else you'll go crazy,) you will love the island and lifestyle. Its a great place for two or three years. try www.gov.ky for a link to the hospital website, the hospital is run by the HSA (another disaster but that's another story!)

Last edited by Baz; May 4th 2008 at 11:05 pm.
Old May 5th 2008, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baz
You can nurse in the George Town Hospital in the Cayman Islands, the pay is not bad, my wife did it for three years. The quality of life is great, and you will have a blast, but you will most likely hate your job (i never met one person who liked working at the hospital, its very backward, trying to get anything done is like knocking your head off a brick wall, incompetence is rife, and the managers are walking distasters.) So in short, if you are prepared to 'switch off' at work (its the only way to survive, or else you'll go crazy,) you will love the island and lifestyle. Its a great place for two or three years. try www.gov.ky for a link to the hospital website, the hospital is run by the HSA (another disaster but that's another story!)
Sounds rather like the BVI!
Old May 5th 2008, 10:11 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

I heard the same about Bermuda too, what is it about the Caribbean?!