Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Early Years Educational Information

Early Years Educational Information

Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Tooth_Fairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Early Years Educational Information

Hi to you all.
I am a mature student who is undertaking the foundation degree in early years studies and now in my second year whilst being a manager of a preschool. My current module is to compare another country against England. I thought it would be interesting to do Barbados as I have read certain things and am wondering why. One namely is the claimed literacy rate of 98%. I have a relative out there so am exploring information that way with questionnaires and waiting to hear from the ministry of education there…although this appears to be slow at present.

I have to choose 4 aspects for my research and one of these has to be on a poster comparing the two countries and the other three in an essay. For my poster I am considering the Curriculum for early years or Child Protection. For my essay I thought of doing Parental Involvement, the Adult’s Role (practitioner/teacher paid or voluntary) and Qualifications. It depends what information I get and find really. So far these aspects look to be interesting and promising from the minimal of information I have found.

If there is anyone reading this who is in the education industry for early years or knows of anyone I would really appreciate your thoughts. If you can direct me towards websites and educational material for early years I would be very grateful!! Any thoughts will be warmly welcomed.
Just to clarify with you all I have received permission from the forum to post this request.
Thanks
Tooth_Fairy

Last edited by Sue; Sep 27th 2011 at 7:07 pm. Reason: OP obtained permission from Admin prior to posting