Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Customs & The Purpose of My Visit

Customs & The Purpose of My Visit

Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

CsharpM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Customs & The Purpose of My Visit

When doing customs forms I have never had the pleasure of saying that the purpose of my visit was for anything more than a vacation. We will be getting work permits & hope to start an incorporated business and buy property. When we arrive, do we explain all that or just check the travel box and go extend our visa's as required?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Customs & The Purpose of My Visit

Hi Until you have work permits and an aliens land holding licence ( I am talking about St Lucia) as far as I understand you have to come in on a tourist stamp ie 42 days. So you will have to say vacation initially then get your passport stamped once you have sorted everything out. Be aware that it takes a while to get a property sorted out, Aliens land holding licence etc. Work permits, if granted, can also take up to 2 months.

If you need rental property let me know via pm as I know of some and for purchasing property I can mention Azure Real Estate on 1-758 722 5836, they are just setting up a website which as well as property has some interesting info on St Lucia www.azurerealestateagents.com you may want to check them out.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much Lucy. I will likely pm you in the future.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

I'm actually going to St. Lucia, and I'm Canadian - I snuck in here - But I would guess the address thing is the same in St. Lucia.