Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Bermuda Immigration Process

Bermuda Immigration Process

Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

CharWalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bermuda Immigration Process

Hello All,

I'm just after a bit of advice here regards the immigration process / requirements on a couple of things. I have accepted a position with my current employer in Bermuda but need to be out there relatively quickly and am a bit unsure about the medical (incl. chest X-Ray) & police certs. Firstly, can my own GP carry out the required medical and what certification will I need? Secondly, i've been asked to provide a police certificate but my local police authority have advised that there is no such thing and provided me with a 'Subject Access' application - Is this sufficient to immigration requirements? I have never worked outside the UK before so this is all very alien to me - I would be grateful of any advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bermuda Immigration Process

Hello,

If this is for your work permit, the requirements are somewhat standard the world over. I've done it twice, for two very different countries (Japan and Barbados) and it's been about the same.

You should be able to submit your medical form & chest xray from your current doctor.

Your employer should actually be well aware of the forms required for you, so try them as usually it's the employer who files a work permit (with all the corresponding paperwork).

Good luck!
Foxy
p.s. if, for some reason, Bermuda is a completely different game, then I apologize in advance
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Foxy_fromCanada
Hello,

If this is for your work permit, the requirements are somewhat standard the world over. I've done it twice, for two very different countries (Japan and Barbados) and it's been about the same.

You should be able to submit your medical form & chest xray from your current doctor.

Your employer should actually be well aware of the forms required for you, so try them as usually it's the employer who files a work permit (with all the corresponding paperwork).

Good luck!
Foxy
p.s. if, for some reason, Bermuda is a completely different game, then I apologize in advance
Thanks Foxy - I think you're right. I see my doctor tomorrow, i'm hopeful he is able to do the medical cert. I require. Anyone any info on the police check requirements? I've applied for 'Subject Access' (not for working with children or vulnerable people) - is this all that will be required for the 'Police Certificate' on the immigration checklist? Also, a bit off topic but can I use my UK electronic equipment (laptop, games console, MP3 player, etc) from the mains in Bermuda? If not, can I get some kind of power transformer which makes it possible?

Cheers Folks.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Hello again,

I just realized that this thread is in the "Rest of the World" forum - you might get better luck if you post in the Caribbean forum
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Thank you - I'll give it a whirl.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CharWalla
Thank you - I'll give it a whirl.
I'll move the thread for you.

As for the police checks, yes, get a subject access check, (not the CRB one that is for working with kids etc). Those are still acceptable for migration to most countries
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll move the thread for you.

As for the police checks, yes, get a subject access check, (not the CRB one that is for working with kids etc). Those are still acceptable for migration to most countries
Thank you!