Bayview Estate

Old Feb 17th 2009, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Scottylad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bayview Estate

Have any purchasers of property on the Bayview Estate been out to see the site recently? If so are there any fully completed villas we can check out? We plan to visit again mid March and asked the question when we emailed the developer but other than receiving a progress update after many requests for an update did not receive a direct reply to that question. It is good that there will be a proper company to look after rentals but it would be better if we were actually kept informed as to when any of the villas will be habitable. Does anyone have any news on completion dates of any villas yet?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bayview Estate

I know Nequila has a place in Bayview and was out there in December. You might want to PM her.

I was considering Bayview at one stage but decided to wait a couple of years before buying in SLU
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi 3Aces
Did pm Nequila and she has been in contact and will hopefully be sending me some recent photographs. Pity you didn't sign up at Bayview as the asking prices have shot up recently and if they hold their value will show very good capital appreciation. Probably open to offers though.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Nequila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've put a few pics onto bayview owners site for people to see.

Nequila
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Nequila
Good to see some recent photos but not as much progress as we had hoped to see. Would have thought they would have at least one fully completed showhome to attract more buyers but perhaps that's the reason why they are still short of buyers
Will post some more photos after our visit when we get back beginning of April. Hope there's much more to see then.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Well, back from our visit to the site and progress is extremely disappointing although the showhouse is now complete. Have many photos and videos but too many to put here to bore you all to death.
We have been informed that the site is closing for the whole of April and on asking have been told this is because Easter is a very important holiday in St Lucia where everyone gets 10 days' holiday. Is this true? I ask because on some sites the only public holidays listed are Good Friday and Easter Monday. The other reason listed is that Passover also happens in April. Should these result in a month's closure of a development site?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:33 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottylad
Well, back from our visit to the site and progress is extremely disappointing although the showhouse is now complete. Have many photos and videos but too many to put here to bore you all to death.
We have been informed that the site is closing for the whole of April and on asking have been told this is because Easter is a very important holiday in St Lucia where everyone gets 10 days' holiday. Is this true? I ask because on some sites the only public holidays listed are Good Friday and Easter Monday. The other reason listed is that Passover also happens in April. Should these result in a month's closure of a development site?
Bayview seems to have been moving at a snails pace from the start.
I visited the site before any contruction had started, also last year when things had moved on a bit. Judging by the latest info the slow pace of development continues. Lets just hope the finished product is worth the wait.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pgtips
Bayview seems to have been moving at a snails pace from the start.
I visited the site before any contruction had started, also last year when things had moved on a bit. Judging by the latest info the slow pace of development continues. Lets just hope the finished product is worth the wait.
Have seen updated prices and rental estimates and they are looking good - however there can be no rentals until some villas are completed and the end product just seems as far away as ever some three years into the build. Not happy.