Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Third and final Canniversary

Third and final Canniversary

Old Aug 26th 2011, 2:20 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Third and final Canniversary

It is my third Canniversary, and in two weeks time I am moving back to England. I have loved my time in Canada, but for me the call of friends and family is too strong to resist. It is definitely the one thing that has caused an issue for me, although I do not regret a second of my experience in Canada.

I have not ruled out a return here at some point on a permanent basis, but for now it will just be regular visits. I just hope I don't start doing the ping pong routine...
Old Aug 26th 2011, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future
Default Re: Third and final Canniversary

Originally Posted by Clematis
It is my third Canniversary, and in two weeks time I am moving back to England. I have loved my time in Canada, but for me the call of friends and family is too strong to resist. It is definitely the one thing that has caused an issue for me, although I do not regret a second of my experience in Canada.

I have not ruled out a return here at some point on a permanent basis, but for now it will just be regular visits. I just hope I don't start doing the ping pong routine...
Good luck on your return home and good for you for giving it 3 years. I have friends who have left overseas postings after a few months which isn't really long enough to really make a decision (IMHO). Hope you find the UK to be what you want as well - for me returning home from my previous long term overseas posting took a while to get used to as well....
Old Aug 26th 2011, 2:25 pm
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of

That's a big decision Clematis and I hope it all works out for you.

Can I ask, what about citizenship, are you not tempted to get that first before heading back ?.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 2:30 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Clematis, family and friends are as good a reason as I can think of.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:03 pm

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stonedog
That's a big decision Clematis and I hope it all works out for you.

Can I ask, what about citizenship, are you not tempted to get that first before heading back ?.
No it would take to long, I am a year away from qualifying, I was here on WP first, I am going to try and maintain my PR though...
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:07 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Can't put into words what I really want to say.

Love you Clem
Old Aug 26th 2011, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

Love you Clem
Love you too Moo
Old Aug 27th 2011, 12:27 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

Love you Clem
ditto, here for you hun, but you are strong and will make of this move the best for you
Old Aug 27th 2011, 1:11 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you all the luck and love in the world lovely you
Old Aug 27th 2011, 1:50 am
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clematis
No it would take to long, I am a year away from qualifying, I was here on WP first, I am going to try and maintain my PR though...
Ah, I see. Well the very best of luck with your move back to the UK, there's a tiny part of me feeling jealous but I think I'll be heading the same way some time in the future
Old Aug 27th 2011, 3:19 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Super best wishes from me too, good luck with everything
Old Aug 27th 2011, 2:18 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with your move, those of us pre-emigrate find it hard to imagine wanting to come back here, after all the work to get away, but i think the one thing i will really struggle with is friends and family being so far away.

im sure the decision wasnt easy and i hope it works out for you. just make sure you spend enough time to keep your PR active just incase.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

My very best wishes to you too Clematis - and I trust family and friends are going to treat you like a queen on your return and look after you well
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by ann m
My very best wishes to you too Clematis - and I trust family and friends are going to treat you like a queen on your return and look after you well
I know they will, people are already plotting to take care of me, it is going to be a hard road ahead...
Old Aug 29th 2011, 1:58 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
good luck with your move, those of us pre-emigrate find it hard to imagine wanting to come back here, after all the work to get away, but i think the one thing i will really struggle with is friends and family being so far away.
i totally understand why people would want to go back..when you live somewhere else you realise the UK is not the shit hole the media and people back home would have you believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.