Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Story so far.....anyone remember me ??........

Story so far.....anyone remember me ??........

Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:34 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Location: Mississauga near Toronto - Moving To UK - Birmingham in 7 Weeks
Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future
Default Story so far.....anyone remember me ??........

hi guys

just wanted to share my story with you all

first went to canada in may 2004 for cousin sisters wedding in toronto area

me and my wife liked it so we i applied as skilled worker in Sept 2004

AOR in OCT 2004 (stating 18months wait)

went for research trip in june 2006 - had interviews - one company applied for LMO for tempory visa

in sept 2006 i came by myself to work in Canada (wife and 2 kids 4yrs and 6yrs old in UK)

stayed until Dec 2006 - medicals arrived for PR application

went back to UK for medicals in Jan 2007and stayed there until PR application finalised

delays in application due to medical situation with hydatid cysts i had in my stomach

waited for doctors reports on my medical progress until Sept 2007

sent reports and updated info in Sept 2007

SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK in Nov 2007 -APPLICATION REFUSED !!!!! based on not enough points

gutted and could believe as the imm visa officer miscalculated points and missed 5 points for my education and 5 points for having a relative in canada

was told by many people once refused you need a lawyer to sort out case and pay thousands

i wrote to CIC in london explaining the error in points and supplied them with info on how my uncle in canada was related to me and gave bills and citizenship info and family tree proving everything

WOW WOW WOW - Dec 2008 application APPROVED
rush rush rush to get passports returned in 1 week as our medicals run out in Jan 2008 - booked flights to stamp visas in Jan 2008 for 1 week holiday and returned to the UK to decide our future

In May 2008 decided we want to move to Canada so rush rush again and we finally moved here in Toronto area on 12th August 2008

lived with uncle in brampton for 3 weeks and bought a car and found place to rent and school for kids - no job found yet

moved into basement apartment in Mississauga by QEW and Winston Churchill in sept 2008 and found a job for myself in Oct 2008 and we are still here now in Dec 2008 nearing XMAS and spent 3hrs yesterday shovelling drive from severe snow storms with 20-25cm in just one day with temp of -20

well there we have it all done - kids are loving it and we have had my brother to see us on my sons 8th birthday in Oct and my sister came Oct two weeks later and my dad came in Nov - they all loved it here

just to show everyone we did it and so can you - we love it here and will most likely not go back to the UK other than to see family

one hell of a ride - anyone else with this kind of story - please share to give others hope

good luck everyone

bye for now
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Story so far.....anyone remember me ??........

Hi Sunny Dulai,
many thanks for your update,gives us guys a much needed boost.
Arty & Co
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

what a nightmare for you but you got there at last

cant believe what a mess I thought that once you got med requests thats it done eg you have met all criteria how dare they mess up like this??

and what a trauma re your medicals was this someting only discovered at your med or was it something you had before and declared??

so pleased that you have realised your dream very much desereved after all this
Old Dec 20th 2008, 3:02 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future

hi

i already had my medical condition 4 yrs earlier but was on medication and yearly scans

just beware of CIC - they can be your best friend or worst enemy

i had both sides of them but i am here now

next yr will start to look for a house in Oakville
Old Dec 21st 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny Dulai
hi guys

just wanted to share my story with you all

first went to canada in may 2004 for cousin sisters wedding in toronto area

me and my wife liked it so we i applied as skilled worker in Sept 2004

AOR in OCT 2004 (stating 18months wait)

went for research trip in june 2006 - had interviews - one company applied for LMO for tempory visa

in sept 2006 i came by myself to work in Canada (wife and 2 kids 4yrs and 6yrs old in UK)

stayed until Dec 2006 - medicals arrived for PR application

went back to UK for medicals in Jan 2007and stayed there until PR application finalised

delays in application due to medical situation with hydatid cysts i had in my stomach

waited for doctors reports on my medical progress until Sept 2007

sent reports and updated info in Sept 2007

SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK in Nov 2007 -APPLICATION REFUSED !!!!! based on not enough points

gutted and could believe as the imm visa officer miscalculated points and missed 5 points for my education and 5 points for having a relative in canada

was told by many people once refused you need a lawyer to sort out case and pay thousands

i wrote to CIC in london explaining the error in points and supplied them with info on how my uncle in canada was related to me and gave bills and citizenship info and family tree proving everything

WOW WOW WOW - Dec 2008 application APPROVED
rush rush rush to get passports returned in 1 week as our medicals run out in Jan 2008 - booked flights to stamp visas in Jan 2008 for 1 week holiday and returned to the UK to decide our future

In May 2008 decided we want to move to Canada so rush rush again and we finally moved here in Toronto area on 12th August 2008

lived with uncle in brampton for 3 weeks and bought a car and found place to rent and school for kids - no job found yet

moved into basement apartment in Mississauga by QEW and Winston Churchill in sept 2008 and found a job for myself in Oct 2008 and we are still here now in Dec 2008 nearing XMAS and spent 3hrs yesterday shovelling drive from severe snow storms with 20-25cm in just one day with temp of -20

well there we have it all done - kids are loving it and we have had my brother to see us on my sons 8th birthday in Oct and my sister came Oct two weeks later and my dad came in Nov - they all loved it here

just to show everyone we did it and so can you - we love it here and will most likely not go back to the UK other than to see family

one hell of a ride - anyone else with this kind of story - please share to give others hope

good luck everyone

bye for now
Hi
Thanks for sharing your story....and a big ....WELL DONE YOU ....for your perseverance and successful outcome
lol
Stef and Lins
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:30 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Yes! I remember your story! Well done! I am glad to hear that you and your family are doing well! and yes, it seems like you had a rough ride... glad it turned out okay for you...

My ride is still going... my medical exams are about to expire (Dec 30th) and haven't heard from CIC... it's been a long time since we started the process... I am actually mentally prepared for whatever outcome... but deep inside of me... the dream is still alive.... I still dream of my kids playing and growing in Canada! It just feels like that now... just a dream... let's hope it comes true!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story... keeps me hoping!
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you made it in the end, sorry i missed this earlier,

Need to change your location on here now
Have a fab Christmas and enjoy you deserve it
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, but you're stubborn and persistent, aren't you? ;-)
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Sunny Dulai! I'm going to move this to the Canniversary forum so others will be able to find it and be encouraged by your post
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 3:39 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I remember your story very well and am very pleased to see that although you took a huge knockback, you picked yourself up, dusted yourself down and forged ahead with plan B.

Well done and congratulations on your new life in Canada
Old Dec 27th 2008, 1:30 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

hi guys

thanks for your kind replies

wish you all a great xmas and happy new year
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

ex-gibbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are considering moving to Whitby, Ontario. I did work in Toronto (for one year) before but now have two boys aged 3 and 5. Not sure about whether we could settle and is life there really that much better? Your comments would be appreciated!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:24 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ex-gibbo
Hi

We are considering moving to Whitby, Ontario. I did work in Toronto (for one year) before but now have two boys aged 3 and 5. Not sure about whether we could settle and is life there really that much better? Your comments would be appreciated!
Hi, the best way to get people to respond to this questions is to start a new thread... try it! and good luck
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

thats a great story, makes me feel better! Also hoping to be in toronto soon, been to oakville - liked it, husband didn't! He'll get used to it!!
Originally Posted by Yalily
Hi, the best way to get people to respond to this questions is to start a new thread... try it! and good luck
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Stories like these warm the heart and hopefully remind people that there is a God up there helping people realise their dreams.

So many congrats to you guys for finally making it

Gay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.