Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Our first Canniversary!

Our first Canniversary!

Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:33 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our first Canniversary!

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Congratulations and I hope many more to come.

I do hope also your OH finds it in his heart to forgive and forget, it is not a good burden to be carrying around.
Thanks Steve, I keep telling him the same thing.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:34 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
OH has no plans or desires to return to the UK for whatever reason and I have already told him that I at least want to return next year for her graduation! I would also like to see my 85 year old Mum and our youngest has said she would like to go and see some of her friends. It would only be a flying visit but at least it would be something. He hasnt said too much about it yet but I know come next year there may be fireworks, especially if he stays here whilst I visit. But never mind I am determined to see her graduate and to see my Mum and will face the consequences then.
Hi

Firstly congratulations in surviving the year.

Is sounds to me that your OH still doesn't want to move on with your eldest daughter as he is not prepared to travel to the UK to see her graduate. I would say to you leave the OH at home and have quality time with your mum and daughters. All of you can go and see your eldest daughter graduate, its a fab day and a very special moment.

Keep your chin up and go with your heart.

K[/QUOTE]
Just what I plan to do!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:35 pm
Arrived at last!!

Thank you to all for your best wishes
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes to you both on your 1st Canniversary.
Some times the familiarity of things leads to feelings of being here for longer than one year while at times it seems like just last week when we were walking around looking at the city and saying "Wow we live in Toronto" - oh, that was last week! Still brings a smile to think about what we've done and accomplished.

Here's to many more Canniversaries!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

congratulations, first of many. Very good to read something that's heading in the right direction. Hope your o/h can let go and look to the future.

We are/have been planning our emigration for some time now, had quite a few complications along the way. But know we are just waiting for the WP approval letters and to get the house going through and we will be on our way. We hoping to get there for just after the new year and we all can't wait. We are heading for Okotoks, wifes brother and family have settled there. Wife has secured a job just on the out skirts of Calgary and I have managed to secure a job with a plumbing company in Calgary. Got the kids school all sorted and they are waiting for confirmation.
We were planning and hoping to be there for Sept, but house fell through. now it's looking good for around Christmas, so this will be a good time to stay with my Mum & Dad over Christmas, see my sister and family and have a get together with all our friends.

My brother in law has mentioned how busy they have been, getting things sorted in their new house, jobs and people staying with them, they did say, they are getting a bit fed up with going to the same places all the time. We have said, they wont have to do that with us, we will find new places together.

Anyway, really good to read your thread, many congrats again and good luck for the future.
regards to all,
Carl
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you all Happy 1st Canniversary
Yoong
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:32 pm
Arrived at last!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope the house sells soon. It will be nice having Christmas with your family before you leave, but quite emotional too I expect.

My grandfather used to live in Okotoks, I really must take some time out and go and explore around the area, have been too busy with everything else so far. I believe he owned a radio store there and was one of the first to bring a television transmission in from Milwaukee - there is a photograph of him in the Glenbow Museum in Calgary!

Best wishes and hope you make it over in the New Year.

Last edited by woodmanbg; Oct 23rd 2008 at 1:45 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
My grandfather used to live in Okotoks, I really must take some time out and go and explore around the area, have been too busy with everything else so far. I believe he owned a radio store there and was one of the first to bring a television transmission in from Milwaukee - there is a photograph of him in the Glenbow Museum in Calgary!
That's a cool story. We've been meaning to get to the Glenbow but haven't managed it yet - got an added reason to go now to go and find that photo. Bet Okotoks was different in his day!

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:37 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to all for your best wishes
I am glad that you are relatively happy, but know the icing on the cake would be your husband and daughter resolving their differences once and for all.
You have demonstrated that you are a dutiful wife and loving mother and I hope all continues to go well for you.

There is the chance that your daughter may move over when she has finished all her studying.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:53 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by pgtips

There is the chance that your daughter may move over when she has finished all her studying.
Well yes there is always a chance, one has to remain positive, but with a long term boyfriend and all her friends in the UK I very much doubt it. If we remain in Canada long term then she may decide otherwise, who knows, it is her life to live in whatever way makes her happy. Hopefully if one day she gets married her husband to be might decide Canada might be a nice place to live
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:55 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by Getting There
That's a cool story. We've been meaning to get to the Glenbow but haven't managed it yet - got an added reason to go now to go and find that photo. Bet Okotoks was different in his day!

Eamonn & Janet.
Yes, even I havent been there to see it, I picked it up on the internet. It is under the heading 'television' and the photograph was taken in 1953 and his name is Tom Crowe.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, even I havent been there to see it, I picked it up on the internet. It is under the heading 'television' and the photograph was taken in 1953 and his name is Tom Crowe.
Thanks...will look for it when we eventually get in to see it.

E&J.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

rena is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the first year. Lucky you not needing your umbrella, your obviously not in BC! Hope things are gradually resolved with your family and your next Canniversary may find you all together.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:49 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by rena
Congrats on the first year. Lucky you not needing your umbrella, your obviously not in BC! Hope things are gradually resolved with your family and your next Canniversary may find you all together.
Thank you, will take umbrella when we visit BC
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:14 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations B!! Sounds like you have made a great start on your new life out there in the sticks.....keep it up!
Flossie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.