Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

One year today - a game of two halves

One year today - a game of two halves

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 8:00 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One year today - a game of two halves

Once the Port Mann tolls start the Pattullo and Alex Fraser Bridges are going to be a right bundle of laughs in rush hour.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 2:23 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Well, it should've been paying more attention!
I've been told by folk in the know that they attack sea birds for sexual purposes
And they apparently drown them afterwards.

Their cute, cuddly exterior is just a front for intra-species perversion.
Don't be fooled!

Yep, the Port Mann roadwork was causing all kinds of traffic chaos as we drove up to sign for the container at the Border Control offices in the city a few weeks ago.

It won't keep us out, though - we'll just get on the Skytrain
PMSL
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't do what you guys are doing - I hope you get back together soon.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 6:34 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
I couldn't do what you guys are doing
So you've been to Abbotsford then
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:14 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
I couldn't do what you guys are doing - I hope you get back together soon.

Thanks so much for that, Ann. I am working towards the end of Se[tember, house sale or not.

Originally Posted by el_richo
So you've been to Abbotsford then
I wouldn't rule out a drive-by shooting down your street if there are any more comments like that, matey.

I'll be the one in the balaclava with the AK47.....
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:37 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be the one...with the AK47.....
I believe the street term is "chopper"
Old Aug 28th 2011, 5:43 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
I believe the street term is "chopper"
Well, I never!
That is one more piece of vocabulary to add to my "do not use in Canada" list.

I do not want to say "When I was 7 I got a Chopper for Christmas", or they will get totally the wrong idea about my upbringing.

Not to mention the other meaning.....

As for current situation - after a nightmare with estate agent being incompetent in the extreme, I managed to get out of their contract without charge after 7 weeks and now, with a new agent I have had two viewings, so that is an improvement.

In any case, I am sending the cats over next Saturday, which leaves me a free agent to clear up and ship out, which is exactly what I am going to do whether the house is sold or not.

It is our 17th Wedding Anniversary on the 1st October and as we missed being together for our 16th one, I am not going to miss this one if I can help it.

All the scary stories about tenants has made me reluctant to rent the house out, so if I do not find a buyer in the next 5 weeks then it might just have to be down to the estate agent to show it for a few weeks until the contract to sell runs out and then re-evaluate.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Rent the house out and spend quality time together.

Poppit
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:27 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Poppit
Rent the house out and spend quality time together.

Poppit
Thanks! Just booked flight for the end of September!!!
Old Aug 29th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Thanks! Just booked flight for the end of September!!!
thats great news Helcat, am sure you won't regret coming over here, even if you end up having to go and sort a few more things back.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 2:40 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by RKS_in_Calgary
thats great news Helcat, am sure you won't regret coming over here, even if you end up having to go and sort a few more things back.
I have to be doing the right thing.
We have been so sad but naturally my husband is more risk-averse than I am and less impulsive (and probably less difficult and impatient) so he has wanted to make sure everything is cast-iron guaranteed before burning our bridges in the UK. I can understand that.

He hasn't found it easy, but he has found it easier to be stoical about the waiting than I have.

For me, there have been so many times when I have almost lost it and just got on the plane anyway, sod the house and work and London VO!

I have tried so hard to be patient and see the long view but being passive just is not in my nature and it has been terribly frustrating for me to sit by and feel so helpless at the whim of others - London VO, HRSDC, estate agents, potential buyers......

I just wanted to kill them all.

Now I have booked the flight, I don't know what to feel, actually. I have got to the end of my tether and I just haven't got the energy to be excited or anything.
I will feel happier, I expect as the time gets nearer but for now it still feels like just another mirage.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 8:28 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Reason to be cheerful: the Fall rains don't usually start until the middle of October so you'll have a couple of weeks to get the yard/garden into shape and then you can look forward to another month of cutting the grass in the rain.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:32 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I go to Abby twice a week - a fill up on Gas - tis cheaper there than Van! Goodluck Hell cat - and come and find me at the abby gym when you arrive.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:37 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I go to Abby twice a week - a fill up on Gas - tis cheaper there than Van! Goodluck Hell cat - and come and find me at the abby gym when you arrive.
Yes, petrol is really cheap near us - I think it is as we are in the agricultural tax zone.

Thanks
I will come and knock on the window and wave a Blueberry muffin at you!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:44 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, petrol is really cheap near us - I think it is as we are in the agricultural tax zone.

Thanks
I will come and knock on the window and wave a Blueberry muffin at you!
oooh yes please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.