One month done!

Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default One month done!

Well we moved here (Calgary) on 24 May 2010 and so in 4 days we will have been here a month.

Been outside of Calgary once in that whole time which was to enjoy the scenery on our doorstop. Amazing to have the Rockies right there.

Why? Been flat out busy with setting up our home (renting for the time being), getting phone lines, mobile phone, internet, electricity and buying furniture has been a long-drawn out process, (endless trips to Leons, Ikea and other furniture stores). More importantly job hunting (me only as have PR status, about to apply for hubby's) currently getting onto agencies books and applying for jobs, the talk of town is that the job market is beginning to pick up once again after the recession; car hunting (nightmare as such a mine field).

We have got to grips with orientation of the city. Lucky for us my brother and sister-in-law are here and so we are not having to start literally from scratch.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One month done!

Originally Posted by AllyS
Well we moved here (Calgary) on 24 May 2010 and so in 4 days we will have been here a month.

Been outside of Calgary once in that whole time which was to enjoy the scenery on our doorstop. Amazing to have the Rockies right there.

Why? Been flat out busy with setting up our home (renting for the time being), getting phone lines, mobile phone, internet, electricity and buying furniture has been a long-drawn out process, (endless trips to Leons, Ikea and other furniture stores). More importantly job hunting (me only as have PR status, about to apply for hubby's) currently getting onto agencies books and applying for jobs, the talk of town is that the job market is beginning to pick up once again after the recession; car hunting (nightmare as such a mine field).

We have got to grips with orientation of the city. Lucky for us my brother and sister-in-law are here and so we are not having to start literally from scratch.
Good post! Makes me feel like we've been here forever, when in reality it's only been since the end of January. Know what you mean about being busy - at first it's just getting everything in order like you say, then lots of social activities, etc take it's place, but I love it!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you are settling in. It take a while to establish some sort of routine and stability. Best wishes with the job hunt.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

More importantly job hunting (me only as have PR status, about to apply for hubby's)
How did that occur, I didn`t think that was possible?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Lisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really nice

We've just made a month as well! 1st couple of weeks were really hectic with getting health cards & perm rez cards sorted.
Was very please to hear we can now swap our drivers licience for a BC one with out taking any test - very pleasing.
Decided to take wot ever job came up 1st so am now working in a gas station store while still looking for some nursing positions. Have also volunteered to to a shift at the local hospital for some insight.
Anyway good luck with whatever you do - nice to know your not alone eh!
Old Jul 20th 2010, 1:39 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, so far so good
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Mark2603 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done, good luck
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all, we have now done 6 months, (see new thread) - we face some big challenges though ....