not easy here

Old May 3rd 2010, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of
Default Re: not easy here

Sorry for that things aren't improving for you and that you lost your baby. I had a miscarriage last year - it wasn't nice but it helped to keep reminding myself that there was probably something wrong with the baby, for me to miscarry.

Don't know if that will work for you but it might make you feel a bit better. I know it's difficult to focus on the positive when one thing after another goes wrong but if you don't stay hopeful, it will really get you down. Crossing my fingers that things will improve for you soon.

Originally Posted by l green
thanks for all the advice. Things have really took a turn for the worse now as we sadly found out 2 weeks ago that my pregnancy had ended as my baby had died- i was 18 weeks along and when we went for ultrasound there was no heart beat. I had to ask my family Dr twice for a ultrasound prior to finding out as she said and insisted that my baby was fine despite the fact that she could not find the fetal heart! she said the baby was just lying toward the back and that it was just been a 'bugger' were her words. After i returned to her office on 2 occassions and she still couldnt find it she reluctantly said she would book me for a ultrasound- but had to wait till the following week!- not happy i went on my jolly way and went to work at the hospital on the Sunday- i was worried about it so went to the maternity dept that day at work and had the staff there try to find the heart beat. the nurse couldn't find it so called a Dr and then he brought the U/S and together we found my perfect little baby just lying there but the heart wasn't beating! they said baby had died 2 weeks prior and if we hadnt have found out i would have become very sick- they said the baby would have to be out in a matter of just a couple of days.
This has left us totally devastated and yes we have 4 gorgeous kids to be blessed with but it doesn't replace the one we lost. Had to have time off work most of it unpaid as my sick hrs ran out and im not entitled to any compasionate leave as they said this was due to the early gestation of the baby- so it ull be back to work for me!Love my job but feel as if the stress of all the night shifts and lack of sleep did this to me! I wish I could post a happy, positive comment but really at the moment thats quite hard. We are really lucky to have made some lovely friends out here and they have been so helpful lately while i was in hospital ect having my baby and so im really thankful for that. Got babys ashes at the weekend which in a sad kind of way brings us closer to Canada as even though it ended so horrid i had my Canada baby! Our baby was taken on our wedding anniversary of all days. Honestly I feel i could write a book about our goings on- just a shame its not particularly a happy, positive one! Sorry to moan moan moan, Just nice to get it off my chest.
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future
Default Re: not easy here

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician

Vancouver as Calgary are not cheap places to live (unless you purchased your property prior to the big boom), on a single income with four children you need to be earning at least $120k and that level will not afford regular family trips back to the UK or annual holidays to Disney.
How did you come by that figure for a necessary income?