A month in

Old Nov 17th 2011, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

marknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nice
Default A month in

Well we have been here nearly a month and its amazing. All the usual stuff has been sorted out and our children love their school. Cambridge is great.We have met some of the most amazing and friendly people and a real estate agent, who has been so down to earth and friendly.

Life will have ups and downs, but we will stick together....

Thanks to everyone for all the support and help..
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A month in

Good times
Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:55 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Glad its all sounding so positive!
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:45 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased it's going well for you.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheThornes
Glad its all sounding so positive!
Just spotted your little signiature.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a list of folk like yourselves who had a room or two available for newbies to use when they all first land. Not only are you getting somewhere to live for a week or so, but you get the benifit of experience from those that have been in the same situation.

Almost like a half-way house
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:17 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Just spotted your little signiature.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a list of folk like yourselves who had a room or two available for newbies to use when they all first land. Not only are you getting somewhere to live for a week or so, but you get the benifit of experience from those that have been in the same situation.

Almost like a half-way house
Not sure what the neighbours would think if I said I was running a half-way house! But, yes, for sure. We stayed in something similar when we first came over and it was nice to have somewhere to go for a few weeks whilst we sorted out something more permanent. Also saved having to sign up for something long term as it were without seeing it in person first. We've actually had quite a number of BE users come to stay! But yes, you're right, it might be helpful to have a list somewhere as I'm sure there's others across the country who can offer something similar.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

daydreamer1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marknh
Well we have been here nearly a month and its amazing. All the usual stuff has been sorted out and our children love their school. Cambridge is great.We have met some of the most amazing and friendly people and a real estate agent, who has been so down to earth and friendly.

Life will have ups and downs, but we will stick together....

Thanks to everyone for all the support and help..
HI!!! I thought I might find you here! SO GLAD it's all going well for you guys! You're in our thoughts for sure! I've signed up after your suggestion and am finding the site so useful already. Application sent and waiting with baited breath! Hoping for a quick(ish) turn around. I am extra glad the boys like their school - that must make for a relief. Will follow your updates!

From the Isle of Wight!!
Old Nov 20th 2011, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

marknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nice

Hey, So glad you found it.....Welcome.. Its a fab site and everyone is friendly. Are you on skype?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

mrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to all

Many congrats on your first month here in Cambridge, ON. I am so pleased that your 2 children have settled into their new school - it really makes things so much less stressful knowing that they are happy

Here's to many more positive updates from you and your family :sunglasses:

If you need anything, let us know; we are only down the road from you guys...
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Things are great. I PMd you the other day, Hope things are ok.