Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Landed... Now the dream begins

Landed... Now the dream begins

Old Oct 28th 2012, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice
Default Landed... Now the dream begins

Thought I'd share my landing experience.

Landed yesterday in Toronto Pearson after a delayed flight from Gatwick. Seems other flights were the same as its the busiest I've ever seen passport control.

Took us 1hour to get to the passport desk, at which point I told the custom officer that we were landing. He pointed to another area to finish our immigration. Got into another queue of 4-5 people and it was all done in 20 mins!

Asked for our COPRs and then address and phone numbers for our PR cards. Slight sticky point was funds to support. We showed our UK savings book to state we were not going to reside until the following July at which the agent told us that we should look to move the money while we're here! Is spoke rationally to the agent who just put 'money to be tranferred' on our COPR. I was surprised but may have missed this detail when getting everything else ready.

Agent then wished us good luck for our future and we were on our way, passing through another area where we received our Ontario welcome pack.

Sitting around a table with family having dinner with my family was humbling and a joy in equal measures.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their new lives - its amazing how powerful a piece of paper can be (I know im generalizing the whole immigration processes but wanted to relay my relief and realization that the whole process has ended).

Now, where's that bacon

MS.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 5:43 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed... Now the dream begins

I'm pleased to read that all went well and that you guys have successfully landed.

Wish you all the best
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:39 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on landing and all the best
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats ... and let the adventure begin
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:17 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Conngratulations on your landing; all the best for the future and for the final move over!!
Old Oct 28th 2012, 11:03 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your new adventure
Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:30 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Thought I'd share my landing experience.

Landed yesterday in Toronto Pearson after a delayed flight from Gatwick. Seems other flights were the same as its the busiest I've ever seen passport control.

Took us 1hour to get to the passport desk, at which point I told the custom officer that we were landing. He pointed to another area to finish our immigration. Got into another queue of 4-5 people and it was all done in 20 mins!

Asked for our COPRs and then address and phone numbers for our PR cards. Slight sticky point was funds to support. We showed our UK savings book to state we were not going to reside until the following July at which the agent told us that we should look to move the money while we're here! Is spoke rationally to the agent who just put 'money to be tranferred' on our COPR. I was surprised but may have missed this detail when getting everything else ready.

Agent then wished us good luck for our future and we were on our way, passing through another area where we received our Ontario welcome pack.

Sitting around a table with family having dinner with my family was humbling and a joy in equal measures.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their new lives - its amazing how powerful a piece of paper can be (I know im generalizing the whole immigration processes but wanted to relay my relief and realization that the whole process has ended).

Now, where's that bacon

MS.
Congrats on the landing MapleSauce. We landed a week ago at Niagara Falls. We didn't get an Ontario welcome pack! What's in it?.

All the best for the future.

Andy.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Enjoy your new adventure
Originally Posted by TheThornes
Conngratulations on your landing; all the best for the future and for the final move over!!
Originally Posted by Sue
Congrats ... and let the adventure begin
Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Congrats on landing and all the best
Originally Posted by james.mc
I'm pleased to read that all went well and that you guys have successfully landed.

Wish you all the best
Thanks all!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mac2
Congrats on the landing MapleSauce. We landed a week ago at Niagara Falls. We didn't get an Ontario welcome pack! What's in it?.

All the best for the future.

Andy.
Info on classes for new immigrants on job seeking and integrating, how to get your OHIP card, how to get your SIN card and a new immigrants daily diary and scotiabank welcome to Canada and how to open a bank account.

Thanks for your wishes - all the best to you too!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:28 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Info on classes for new immigrants on job seeking and integrating, how to get your OHIP card, how to get your SIN card and a new immigrants daily diary and scotiabank welcome to Canada and how to open a bank account.

Thanks for your wishes - all the best to you too!
Thanks for that. We did all that already, so not needed!

Best, Andy.